13) GRATITUDE 2

I looked out of the window and waved goodbye to my friends. Tomorrow I will be going to the holy land of Makkah. I had already started imagining myself in Ehraam doing tawaaf of the holy Kaaba. I could not believe that Allah called us to His house so soon.

Alhamdulillah! I could not contain my happiness. I went to bed early, woke up early, ate food before everyone and helped my mother in the kitchen... I was a lucky girl. I made slots of shukr to Allah.

The day finally arrived when we flew to Saudi Arabia. We reached Jeddah at 12:21. Then we went in a taxi to Makkah Mukarramah.
Yes! We were going to perform Umrah.

Tears flowed from my eyes at the sight of Allah's beautiful house. We stood there with our hands raised in dua For a long time then we began our Umrah. After our Umrah we went to the hotel and ate. Days were beautiful and nights were dazzling in the city of the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam.

After 2 weeks we went to Madina Munawwara.

Full of excitement we rushed to the hotel to change into new clothes. I put pleasant perfume and went to the Masjid (mosque ) Nabwi to convey salaam (greeting) to our Nabi sallal lahu alaihi wasallam. I stood at the Rawdhah mubarak of my beloved Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam and my heart started to leap like a frog. I could not believe I was standing in front of the Rawdhah of the man who was 'The best of mankind'. The Nabi sallal lahu alaihi wasallam who had cried every night for his Ummat.

It was the holy month of Ramadan. We enjoyed our suhur and iftaar in the Masjid Nabwi. The local Arabs were the best people I ever met. They were very kind and hospitable. They served us Dates, Zamzam, yoghurt of Madina and brown bread. This most delicious iftaar was the best part of the day! Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah who granted me this opportunity.
Time flew fast and soon it was time to go back home.... sadly we packed our bags and took one last glance at the green dome of my Nabi sallal lahu alaihi wasallam. Tears continuously flowed from my eyes. My heart called out, " ya Allah! When will I come back here? There is no place like these Holy cities... " Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah who granted me this opportunity. Oh Allah! Bring me back to this Holy land again and again... This was my last dua as I left the beautiful city of Madina with my heavy heart and teary eyes.