Chapter 18

Karin shook violently in fear that she was going to get hurt. Golden yellow eyes stared at her making her hallucinate which caused her to scream, tears streaming down her face. "Aaaaahhhh! I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want-" She let out a grunt before everything went blank and she hit the ground. The man snorted.
"What an annoyingly frightened girl." He scowled. He looked at Suigetsu who tensed up when their eyes met. "Kabuto, where is that Sakura girl? She hasn't healed me enough yet." The grey haired man looked at his Lord. He bowed in deep respect.
"I am sorry, Lord Orochimaru, but Miss Sakura Haruno is dead."

Orochimaru's eyes narrowed. He was certain that the girl was alive, healing him very willingly. He snorted and shrugged it off. "Oh well," He murmured. "That girl has healed me enough now. I almost have my strength back." He smirked.

Suigetsu didn't look at Orochimaru. He dreaded that the demon was alive. It was the fact that Sakura Haruno was the perfect candidate to heal Orochimaru, though she was also the worst because for some reason his powers of hypnotism was strong than it was previously when Naruko was alive. Suigetsu picked up Karin and began to walk casually out of the room to which they all met in. He stopped in his tracks when Tayuya transported in front of him. "Get out of my way Tayuya, I don't want to hurt you." Suigetsu whispered.

Tayuya didn't move. Suigetsu could see that she was shaking. She was trying hard to hide it but it was no use. Orochimaru knew of their fear. Suigetsu was frightened and so was Juugo. Everyone was, having been a slave of the terrifying man for decades. "Tayuya." Suigetsu softly spoke her name.

"I'm not letting you go." Tayuya replied. Suigetsu frowned, hearing Orochimaru's voice behind him. He's using hypnosis. Hypnosis is the very thing that most of the people under Orochimaru's control.

"Now, Suigetsu, are you going to disobey me or are you going to be a good boy and come to me?" Orochimaru asked, using Tayuya as his voice. Suigetsu gave Orochumaru a disgusted look.

"Why would I go back to someone who's hurt the person I love?" He looked at the unconscious redhead.

Violet eyes stared into golden yellow. Suigetsu glanced curtly at Jugo to take Karin and leave. Orochimaru was out of control and they should have never capture Sakura Haruno to get what they wanted. It all turned into a bloodshed in a blink of an eye. Tayuya had fallen to the floor with a huge gaping hole through her body. Karin and Jugo were killed by suffocation. Finally, Suigetsu had a managed to put of a fight before he fell to the ground, losing too much of his blood for him to live. He smiled softly and reached for Karin's hand.

"I'm sorry, Karin, I'm so sorry..." The apology that was whispered had never reached the girl's eyes but Suigetsu had felt the need to give the apology seeing as he knew that Karin didn't get the man she wanted. "I love you," he mouthed before falling into a forever slumber.
Kyuubi sighed as he waited patiently for his brother to wake. Naruto had been through so much it was amazing the boy didn't die again just yet. He had a wakened the annoying gangster toad which was certainly something to be amazed at and he had regained some of his full powers. "I remember that day clearly," Kyuubi smiled. His unconscious brother looking so peaceful in his state of unconsciousness. "I gave you the rose I secretly grew for my confidant. I never really realized it would be you and that history would repeat the same process with our siblings." He chuckled. "When you were alive as Naruko, you were always like that. Very confident in her dreams and believed they were going to come true. They did... but it became tragic for you." Itachi's eyebrows furrowed, sadness tugging at his heart. He remembered the happy times with Naruto's past self and the then there was the tragedy. Kyuubi reached out his hand and pressed it against Naruto's cheek. He stroked it softly with his thumb.
"We were all sad that day," A voice spoke. Kyuubi turned to see Hinata, Kiba, and Shino in the doorway along with the rest of the slayers that had were going on the rescue mission. "Naruko was my best friend, Kyuubi. She was very kind to everyone." Hinata smiled. She wished that Naruko was alive again but she chose to save the memories of Naruko and decided to make new ones with Naruko's reincarnation. Hinata was born of noble stature. She is the eldest daughter of the Hyuga clan's leader Hiashi. She has lived in the main house since she was a little girl. From the time she was about thirteen she had become heiress to the clan, thus her family expecting great things from her. However, even when she was young, it became clear to some of the people in her clan that Hinata was not suited for the role of heiress. She struggled with her father's training sessions, and with her timid personality - it caused her to struggle even more by preventing her from advancing.

"I remember being almost kidnapped by a demon that wanted my head. Of course, we all know that it was something that could have been prevented. My father had managed to kill him and save me. He continued to train me but when my sister started displaying superior talent. I knew my spot as heiress would possibly be taken. At that point, I didn't care whether or not I was heiress. As long as the Hyuuga clan had a suitable leader that was fine with me. Until Naruko came into the picture. She was beautiful and strong. She displayed a powerful posture and when it came to fighting she was definitely a worthy opponent." Hinata smiled. "I miss her very much but I would miss Naruto more because he's someone that I can start new memories with." I'm very glad to have met Naruko... She thought.

"That was when I started watching her. Looking up to her as a comrade and superior. She never gave up and I soon gained that self confidence and decided to never give up. That's how I got to where I am now. I'm strong and more confident, thanks to Naruko." Hinata explained. "None of us... None of us would be where we are now without her help." Kyuubi nodded as well as everyone else. Hinata was correct in staying that Naruko was definitely an inspiration.
"All I want is my brother to wake up. Once he does, this will hopefully all be over. I thank you all for your help." Kyuubi replied.
"Is there a chance his wounds will heal?" Sasuke asked. "I never got to know him because of all the shit that's happened already. "
"Well, I think you'll be delighted to know, Sasuke, that Naruto has regained some memories and some powers." Ino said confidently.  Sasuke stared at Ino, eyes widened with surprise. Was it true? Did Naruto regain memories of the past? Sasuke looked at the unconscious blonde. What will he say when he sees me and recognizes me?

To Be Continued...