CHAPTER 4 - SHIFTING THE TIDES WITH A LIFT OF A BLADE

TL: AmeryEdgeEditors: LtBeefy

-

"Don't be scared, being afraid won't help you now." The girl laughed lightly, her eyes looking toward Xun Hou, waiting for his commands: "Master?!"

Xun Hou still held some lingering fear towards Lin Ying Mei, but there was no room for hesitation. Sooner or later Star Knights will have to fight to the death, taking advantage of this chance while the enemy is still newly contracted and yet to have reached a harmonious connection to eliminate them, this was the most appropriate solution.

Xun Hou nodded.

"Red-Haired Devil" Liu Tang revealed a devilish smile. She raised her Blaze Refining Nine Prison Sabre, aimed at Ling Ying Mei and slash downward.

The blade shot out a scorching fireball, brightening the surrounding area.

Clang clang!!

A torrents of freezing air burst out in retaliation.

Before Liu Tang's first sabre attack could even reach her, Lin Ying Mei instantly accessed her Star Knight mode, her forehead shining with a star symbol. Quickly stepping forward, her spear was like a venomous snake swallowing Liu Tang's fireball.

Icy killing intent overwhelmed Liu Tang like a tidal wave.

She quickly shift to a defensive stance, her movement slowed, lacking the strength and clarity it previously had.

Lin Ying Mei who was on the offensive suddenly stopped and changed her technique.

A cold blue light shot out in a strange arc, sometimes straight and sometime curving, heading towards the Red Haired Devil.

A loud blast reverberated throughout the mountain.

Lin Ying Mei's curving light collided with an emerald ring that came from the third party who entered the battle. Lin Ying Mei will indeed have to risk facing two people at once.

The third person was of course Xun Hou.

During this time, Deviance Star Liu Tang has already retreated to a safe distance.

Lin Ying Mei gave chase, but Xun Hou's true aim was to only distract her to move away from Shu Jing. When the timing was right the emerald ring suddenly changed direction and headed directly towards Shu Jing.

Lin Ying Mei immediately spun around and transform her movements.

In a blink of an eye she was already in front of Shu Jing, and with a single shout she caused the emerald ring to fall back.

"Lin Chong, it turns out you are Lin Chong!!" Deviance Star (Liu Tang) Liu Qing shouted in surprise.

Xun Hou expression changed, unbelieving. He stared deeply at Lin Ying Mei.

"Qing-er, you must be wrong, what kind of person is Panther Head Lin Chong? Why would she contract with such a useless Star Master? Could it be that she is in love with him?"

Being evaluated as useless by the enemy made Shu Jing feel frustrated from the bottom of this heart, but he simply couldn't refute their words.

He has been in this world for only ten days, don't talk about Xun Hou's attack before with his emerald ring Artifact, if it was just an Artifact Technique or Sword Technique Shu Jing basically had no chance of defending against them. Even with his current body of being a Star cultivator, he could only stand by and watch Lin Ying Mei fight for him.