Chapter 13

I approached the door to Andrew’s apartment. It was raining heavily and I had a trench coat on. Under the trench coat lay a black T-shirt and black pants. I knocked on the door three times swiftly. I waited for about ten seconds, leaning on the door. I knocked on the door again while leaning on it. Suddenly, the door opened and I fell onto the floor. I let out a long moan while rolling to get up.

“Damn Andy,” I said.

“Well, I wasn’t the one leaning on my door,” Andrew responded.

“Ugh…”

I walked with a fake limp and threw myself onto his leather couch.

“Dude, my couch is getting wet. Take of the coat.”

“Ugh...”

I slowly unbuttoned my coat and threw it onto his floor.

“Feeling extra lazy today?”

“Hell yes.”

“Don’t steal my swagger Arckine.”

“Your swagger?”

“Yeah, my swagger.”

“Being lazy isn’t swagger, it’s just…something.”

“Well, I’m calling it my swagger.”

“Please don’t say swagger again.”

I quickly picked up his satin pillow and threw it at his face. He recoiled and fell onto the floor. He got up and took up a pillow.

“It’s on Arckine.”

I really can’t believe it happened but we got into a really intense pillow fight. We’re grown men but…it’s still some good times. When we were finished we were pretty much rolling on the couches laughing. My ears were swelling up with tears and my sides hurt. When we both calmed down a bit we just lay down on the couches, breathing heavily.

“Oh my god…what did we do?” I asked Andrew rhetorically.

“I think we just had a pillow fight,” Andrew responded.

“Wow.”

“Yeah.”

“So you’re feeling better then?”

Andrew got up and pulled up his shirt. He began touching it. Then, he released his grip on his shirt on it fell slowly down to his waist looking crumpled.

“Yeah, but it kinda hurts when I stretch or touch it. It’s okay though, I’ll be one hundred percent better by tomorrow.”

“But you can walk fine right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, good. Because we have a meeting now.”

We all took our seats around the large table. The sounds of footsteps and chairs being moved filled the air briefly. Chuck was the only one who stood, pacing the floor briefly, looking up into the air with his arms folded behind his back.

“Now before we begin does anybody have any questions?” Chuck said in his thick British accent.

“Yes, I do,” Andrew said raising his hand.

“Yes, and what is it?” Chuck responded.

“Why are we here?”

Chuck raised his head for a bit and twisted a little slowly before walking around a bit and answering his question:

“Well, that’s a good question. The reason why we’re here is because we have a bit of information on the whereabouts of Seth. We think we may be able to track him down. Well, actually we know exactly where he is. Our satellites picked him up a over Italy close to Naples. We need someone to go track him down.

“I’ll go,” I said immediately.

“Harris, I know you’re anxious but for rest purposes, just so that you don’t wear yourself out too much, don’t you think-”

“Seth was one of my best friends and he betrayed me. He nearly killed Andy and nearly shot me. We should be the ones to capture him.”

“Yeah,” Andrew said, “we have to go.”

“I’m going as well.” Ashley said. Everyone was silent.

“Seth was my best friend since we were kinds. We were friends since kindergarten. I have to help bring him back.”

“But I don’t think-” Chuck said, interrupted.

“Let’s have a vote on it then. Who thinks we should go?” I said. I was elated, as I saw everyone in the room put their hands up and after seeing this spectacle, Chuck raised his hand as well.

“Good, it’s decided then. When are we going?”

“Now.”