Chapter 20

(A.N.: This is the second to last chapter. I'm so going to finish this!)

James’ angry face stared at me. He was dressed in a black T-shirt which had the Revolutionaries sign on it and a black pair of pants. He shook me violently by my shirt. I stepped on his toe and he flinched, releasing his grasp a bit. I was then able to uppercut him on the chin. James stepped back, recovering. I took a hook shot with my right hand, which he blocked, giving him the opportunity to knee me in the stomach.

He jabbed at my face but I caught his fist in my hand and squeezed it. I then pulled him by the arm, over my shoulder and onto the floor. I tried to step on his face but he rolled over and got onto his feet. I tried to kick him in his face but he caught my leg and spun me over using my leg. I was about to fall but then I landed with my both of my hands, pushed off the ground and then got onto my feet.

I swiped at him again but he blocked it. I tried with my other hand but he blocked that as well. He swiftly jabbed me in the face and I recoiled. He tried to jab me in the stomach but I caught him by the wrist. He then jabbed me with his other hand in the stomach and I was forced to let go. He then grabbed both of my wrists and shoved my arms between his ribs and his arms. He then kneed me in the stomach and while I was groggy he punched me in the face to which I recoiled.

“You’ve gained some fighting skills,” I said, rubbing my face for a bit.

“No. I just kept them dormant deliberately. Science isn’t my only specialty. I can fight fairly well.”

“Comic books are apparently another specialty of yours.”

“No. Just part of my act. I’m not that into comic books really.”

“So…pretty much your entire personality was a lie.”

“Pretty much. I just needed a personality that generally turns off people. That way, I don’t get noticed often.”

“Hm…a bit clever.”

“Unfortunately, my plan didn’t work out. I was planning on sabotaging the Ultimates on the day of the war but that didn’t work out so you were fully prepared.”

“Thank God for that bit of information Ferschi gave us.”

“Hm.”

“How’d you survive that day that you escaped?”

“My impact wasn’t too hard. I just swam. Anyways…”

He swiped at me again and I blocked his punch. He leaned forward and I could see the holster on his right leg. I grabbed his wrist and swiftly kneed him in the stomach. Then, in one swift motion, I grabbed his holster, opened it and grabbed his Uzi.

Right then my mind just gave me one objective and one objective only: Kill James. I knew what I had to do and did it without thinking about it. I quickly put the gun to his stomach and pulled back the trigger slightly for a short period of time which made it release two bullets. James’ limp body fell into my arms. He was breathing heavily; he was alive.

“I’m going to do what should have been done that day. I’m very sorry James; I honestly don’t want to do this. But you betrayed the Ultimates, you give me no other option.”

I dragged is limp body over to the curb and threw him into the ocean. As I watched his body sink into the water, something raced through my mind. Would I have done the same thing to Seth? He betrayed the Ultimates, but he was still one of my closest friends.

I then became aware of the gunfire around me. I was so focused on taking out James I hadn’t realised the people were shooting all around me. Manhattan had already been destroyed; it looked like an earthquake, hurricane and a tornado hit it.