Chapter 8

First things first, I need to thank Rachiella3 for the amazing cover! There was no way I would have been able to do this on my own and I seriously can't thank you enough. I just wanna buy you a really good editing app so you can fill your full potential~ Screms.

Anyyywaaaayyyy you guys don't wanna hear me rant, you wanna read, so I will stop right there. Enjoy~

~~~

The sun shining through the window woke Marin from his sleep. He groaned as he groggily opened his eyes, using his arm to shield them from the sun. He yawned once before standing up from the couch. He looked around the room, recalling last nights events, then glanced at the bed. She was still sleeping soundly. He smiled to himself.

Marin searched around for his phone, finding it in one of the cushions of the couch. He pulled it out from the crack and checked the time. 06:07. If they left now, they would definitely make it in time.

Waking up on time was easy enough, but now came the hard part: Waking up Adrienne. He had no doubt that she would be simple to wake up, seeing as she's always on time, but it was the fact that he had to disrupt her sleep that bothered him.

She looked so peaceful and happy when she was sleeping, and he definitely didn't want to take that away from her. She deserves to be as happy and content as she looks. "I can't do it, Tikki." He mumbled, glancing down at his Kwami.

Tikki sighed and shook her head. "Marin, you have to. But she might be a little startled. She fell asleep to Ladybeetle, and now she's waking up to Marin. She's gonna know." Tikki whispered.

"Oh, shit I didn't think this through. She can't know yet." Marin slapped his cheeks, then removed his hands, mumbling a quiet, "ow," as his hands were tingling and their were red hand prints on his face. "Do you think she'll be disappointed?" Marin muttered, toying with the hem of his jacket.

There was a small yawn, and Plagg sat up from his spot next to Adrienne. He looked around for a moment then flew over to where Tikki and Marin were. "Why haven't we left yet? I'm starving, and Adrienne's bag is all out of stock."

"Calm down, Plagg. We have to wait for Adrienne to wake up. And she might be a little shocked when she finds out that Marin is Ladybeetle." Tikki informed the other kwami.

"Who cares? Just wake her up and let's go." Plagg grumbled, flying over to the sleeping girl. He landed on top of her head and then yelled as loud as he could in her ear, "Get up! I need some Camembert!"

Adrienne shot up from her pillow, sending Plagg off of her, towards the footboard of the bed. She looked around frantically, her eyes not yet focused. She was too tired to even notice Marin on the couch. "Plagg, what the heck was that for?" She groaned, letting her head fall back down on the pillow.

"I'm hungry and you and your boyfriend need to get to school." Plagg mumbled some complaints about how her sudden jerk upwards was not necessary.

"Boyfriend? What are you--" She stopped herself as she sat up, recalling last nights events. She remembered seeing Ladybeetle telling her to stay awake before she fell asleep. She glanced at the couch, seeing Marin there. Seeing as though it was early, and she hadn't had time to really wake up, it took her a moment to connect the dots, but when she did, she covered her mouth with both her hands. "M-Marin...? Ladybeetle?"

~~~

The bus ride back to Paris was definitely an awkward one. Adrienne didn't want to pressure him by asking him questions, and Marin was finally realizing that he had kissed her more than once, and Adrienne had technically been flirting with him the whole time. His crush was flirting him the whole time and he didn't even know it. How was he supposed to react to that?