Chapter 10

"Nina, please tell me that Adrienne is with you." Marin pleaded into the phone. He was still searching around the carnival, asking people if they had seen her while he was on the phone.

"You mean to tell me that you lost Adrienne? Dude, how do you lose a woman?" Nina screamed into the phone, then took a deep breath. "Tell me where you are and me and Alyn will come find you." Nina proposed, saying something incoherent through the phone to Alyn, who was right next to her.

"By the Ferris wheel. Please, hurry." He hung up the phone. Marin tapped his foot impatiently as he looked around. He hated to just stand here while Adrienne could be in danger. He saw Miles walking around and approached him quickly. "Miles, hey, have you seen Adrienne?" He asked in the most calm way he could. He didn't want to make it seem as if he was worried, but it was clear to see.

Miles turned to face the other and raised a brow, placing a hand on his hip. He let his eyes narrow into a glare as he realized who was asking the question. "Why does it concern you? She's probably with that one stupid hero if I had to guess. Is she supposed to be here?" Miles started glancing around the room, searching for the blonde, just as the other was previously.

"She is supposed to be here, I was just wondering if you had seen her. I'll see you around." Marin turned to leave to continue on his search, but he was stopped by Miles grip on his arm.

Miles chuckled. "Let me help you look. I need to talk to her anyway." He let go of Marin's arm, but he had clear intentions of following him.

Marin sighed. What could he do? He could use all the help he could get. And if more people were looking, the chances of finding her were much higher. As much as he disliked Miles, he was willing to work together with him if it meant that the he could find Adrienne faster. "Fine. First, I have to meet up with Nina and Alyn." He said with a hint of anger in his voice. He really didn't like the idea of working with Miles.

Marin and Miles made their way to the Ferris Wheel, seeing Nina and Alyn just arriving there. Alyn smiled upon seeing Marin, but frowned a bit when he noticed that Miles was there as well. "I didn't know that you two were all buddy-buddy now." Alyn teased Marin, making him glare back at him.

"We're not all "buddy-buddy." He's just helping us look for Adrienne. Please tell me you guys have seen her." Marin was basically begging for help right now. The adrenaline was coursing through him and he didn't know what to do. He usually had an immediate solution to every problem. Every villain. He was a hero. He was supposed to know what to do, but he just couldn't think of what to do. How could he protect and save Paris on a daily basis, but he couldn't even keep the most important person to him safe.

He would have felt better if Adrienne had her ring with her. If she had her ring, then she could easily transform and escape when she got the chance, but without the ring, she didn't stand a chance. As strong as she was, there was no way she could defend herself against someone who clearly had something against her. If this person was after her, then there was a low chance that he would let her go easily. 

"If you say so. Well, I'm going to go and file a missing person's report after we look a little longer. And while I do that, Nina is going to check in with Nathan, you know, her mom's assistant, and see what he can do. Maybe we'll get lucky and LB and Chat Noire will come and help us out. That'd be a huge advantage." Alyn explained his plan, giving Nina a high five. "How about you two start asking around?" Alyn suggested, then took off quickly with wave goodbye, grabbing Nina's arm.

Marin took this as an opportunity to transform. That is, if he could get rid of Miles. "Alright, how about you start asking near the bathrooms, where she disappeared, and I'll ask by the cotton candy stand. And we'll keep moving closer and closer to each other until we've covered most of the grounds." He suggested, hoping Miles would agree.