People can Crash and Burn to

"THEIR NOT YOU REAL PARENTS,THEIR THE EVIL QUEENS MINIONS!" As soon as those words left his lips, I tensed up,and froze.I was paralyzed,unable to think,to move,to breath. How could the people that have been around me for literally my whole life,betray me?I stood there,taking it all in.So not only am I a "witch" whose being hunted down,but my "parents" aren't my parents? Do they even care about me and my brother? Was it all an act? I mean who in their right mind puts up with two kids, that aren't even theirs,for fifteen years? And why fifteen years? Why pretend to love us? Why not just hand us over? Who are my real parents? So many questions, but not enough answers. Wait,my brother!

"My brother! Where's Ash?!We have to go get him! What if she finds him!" I rush to the door that was finally still,and open it. When I do,it reveals a white brick wall. I'm so mad, and worried and confused, that I just start pounding at the wall."Let me in,Let me in!"I start to yell over and over again."Please."My yells gradually turn in to pleading cries, which turn in to unrecognizable sobs,which just lead to a break down. I fall down like the twin towers crashing to the floor. The pain from the impact only makes me cry more."Please. Please. Please.Just let me go!" I say in between sobs and sniffles. Lachlan comes to me and wraps his arms around my shoulders to comfort me.

"Calm down, it's ok. I'm here,and I'm gonna stay here. I promise. Trust me." He says to me. It just makes me cry even harder in to his chest. How could he promise something like that? How could I be so selfish and let him keep that promise?

After my break down was over, Lachlan helps me up. My face still buried in his chest. I'm too embarrassed to let them see me.

Or to look them straight in the eyes.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok. Alright? All that we have to do is get your brother from school.He'll be fine."Lilith says as she strokes my hair, which was oddly comforting.

"Yeah, no biggy." Daniel says, clearly not used to this whole comforting thing,but I can tell that he's trying, and that's all that counts.

Lock takes me by the shoulders and forces me to move my face off of his chest so that I can look him straight in the eye. I don't want to look at anyone,but he's stronger than me without even trying, so I have to.

"Look,I meant what I said earlier,and that's a promise that I intend on keeping." I look up at his eyes,and all that I see is genuine concern in them.

He actually cares.