Chapter 11

Christian knew I'd say yes so he was already packed. We all secretly wanted to go to East Lansing, so we're all already have homes.

We all packed, and now we're all just kinda standing in my living room, thinking.

"Okay, we've got the moving truck yu two are sharing, the Jeep, Christian Honda Civic, and then the moving van for Aubrey and I, and the Hyundai Sonata we share. We don't have enough drivers."

"And how are we supposed to tow our trailer?" Aubrey asks.

"Simple." I say. "Christian drives our van, Dylan, you drive you and Aubrey's van, Aubrey drives the Hyundai, and we put Christian's Honda on the trailer, attach the trailer to the Jeep, and I drive the Jeep."

"Can the Jeep tow that much weight?" Christian asks.

Everyone knows how overprotective I am over my Jeep.

"My Jeep can tow anything."

Everything is already packed.

"Alright, let's attach the trailer and attach the car." Dylan shrugs.

So I move the Jeep to attach it to the trailer, and then Christian drives his car onto the trailer.

"And what do we do with Olive?" Christian asks.

"She can come with me." I shrug.

"Alright." He says. "How about you lead the way?" Christian asks.

I shrug, nodding, and we all take off. I stop by the office and turn in my keys, and I exit Seattle and get on the highway.

A month and a half ago, I was calling around to Vet offices in East Lansing and I spoke to the owner of one with five star reviews and the owner promised me a job as a veterinarian if I moved, and I called her last night and she said the job is mine.

I'm very excited.

<><>

We've been driving for hours and I'm starving.

It's three in the afternoon and we're in Idaho.

I have to pee too, and I'm going to need gas soon.

I grab my phone and dial Christian.

It rings five times.

"Hey baby." He says.

I smile.

"Hey. I'm starving, I need gas, and I gotta pee."

"Alright, let's take the next exit."

"Okay."

We get off the phone and I look in my mirror and get over.

<><>

It's like, four thirty in the morning, and we all agreed to drive through the night, but I'm struggling to stay awake.

I sigh, and blink a few times.

A couple moments later, I hear a horn honking and I snap my head up and find I'm drifting into the grass on the side of the road, and I'm ten feet away from a tree.

Roughly, I jerk the wheel to the right, back onto the road.

We made codes when we stopped at dinner, and if one of us flashes our brights once, it means we're pulling over on the side of the road, if they flash twice, it means we're getting off at the next exit for gas, and if they flash three times, it means we're getting off for food.