V; babysit

Lotus

When I got home from school, I went straight to the shop, ignoring my dad's hollers, and went upstairs to my room.

I groaned, and laid down on the bed. I closed my eyes for a little bit.

"Lotus! How was school?" I heard my dad say as he was coming up the staircase.

"Fine. I'm just tired." I said, opening my eyes.

"Did you forget you have a shift today?" He said, throwing my apron at me. I groaned some more.

"I'm not paying you to do this." He said, sternly.

"You're not even paying me at all!" I said.

"Just...just get downstairs!" My dad exclaimed, and stomped down the stairs. I sighed in defeat, and put the apron over top my clothes. I walked down the stairs, and closed the door.

I stood at the register while my dad helped with the customers, and I yawned.

"Why are you tired?" Someone- Hayes- said in a rude tone.

"Why are you here?" I shot back.

"Just be lucky I'm buying flowers here and not some other flower store." He said, plopping the flowers on the counter.

"Oh no! I'm so offended." I pretended to be hurt, and rolled my eyes. He just rolled his eyes as I scanned the price tag on the flowers and gave it to him.

"That'll be five twenty-five." I said, and he gave me a five and a quarter.

"Thank you for your purchase." I said, adding a sarcastic bow at the end. He was already out the door.

I couldn't wait for this shift to be over.

❁ ❁ ❁

When I got to my room, I sat down in my chair and rubbed my eyes.

I'm so tired and I haven't got dinner yet.

"Lotus! Come down here!" My mom calls. I get up from my chair and go down to the dining room.

I sit in my chair, in front of me is a pot full of spaghetti and meatballs.

"Yay." I said sarcastically. My parents just scolded me.

"You don't have to eat this if you don't want to. But, we called you down here because one of our fellow gardeners asked us something." My mom said.

"You know our community garden that meets on Sunday's? That lady, Elizabeth-sorry, Liz- has a daughter. Her name is Skylynn and she's the same age as Senna! Liz wants you to babysit, maybe even do a play date with your sister. What do you think?" My dad continues.

"Will I be getting paid?" I asked, looking down at my phone to try to call the Chinese food place.

"Yes. Twenty every time you do it." My mom said, and I nearly dropped my phone.

"T-twenty?" I said, and they nodded.

"Yeah, and you could be doing it for more than one day a week." My mom said.

"I'll do it."

❁ ❁ ❁

Hayes

"Why won't you let me babysit sky? I'm responsible!" I defend. They're going to hire some stranger to babysit my sister when I'm perfectly fine doing it myself.

"Hayes, you're out every weekend! That's when I need a babysitter the most! With your football practices everyday and lacrosse in the spring...plus hanging out with your friends...I really need someone that's available." She said.

"Plus, I don't want you to. Remember last time?" She asked, and I shrug of the minor incident.

"That was one time! I can take care of her!" I huffed.

"Sorry, Hayes. This girl has experience. She also has a little sister, plus they can play together. It's a win-win." She smiles.

"Not for me." I mumble. She grabs me by the shoulders.

"Hayes, it's really sweet that you want to take care of your sister, but I need this girl, okay? Plus she helps with the community gardens at that flower shop. Maybe you can meet her?" She offered.

"Yeah." I said.

Doubt it.

~.~
A/N: hey guys! How is everyone? Hope you all had a good day!

Hayes is a little ass lmao.

I start school next week, kinda need to finish my school work asap, or else I'd die trying.

Anyways, sorry that my authors notes have been short. I don't know what to say anymore! Should I do questions like before or SSOTD (song suggestion of the day)?

As always, love you guys. Thanks for reading!