XX: the future

Lotus
about 5 years later

"I told you, that was a while ago." I said, sliding the stack of papers across the table.

"Everything that happened between us is in there." I motion to the papers. He looks at them, then back up at me.

"Are you sure you're okay with me wanting to publish our story?" Hayes says, and I nod.

"If it's okay with you." I said.

He flips through the papers first, skimming the pages. Then he picks out the first page of the story and reads it.

He reads for a long time, occasionally sipping at the coffee he bought.

We were the last ones in the coffee house, realizing that we had to leave soon, he finished reading the page he's on.

"Can't you change the names?" I say. He looks up and thinks.

"I just think it'll lose how important it is to me and you." He says, and I give him a small smile.

"If you say so."

He gives me back the papers, and I take them. I put them in a little folder and stick it into my bag. He has his own copy on his desk.

We haven't seen each other for a long time. Before college, we broke it off, and went our separate ways. Hayes studied and became an author. I still became a pediatric doctor.

He wrote our story, I only helped describe my side of things. Even though most of the story is seen through my eyes, it was written by him.

We stare at each other for a little bit, then I decide to get up.

"Well, I should get going." I said, and he gets up as well.

"Oh," he sighs, but gets up as well. "I should be going too."

He extends his arms for a hug, so I give him one. On a cold day like today, his hug gave me warmth. It made me feel...different. Minutes pass before we finally let go of each other.

I turn and start to walk away when I feel his hand grab mine. I turn around to face him.

"Did...did you really feel that way?" He says, and I look at him confused. "When we first kissed?"

"It was nice." I grin at the thought. "But you were a jerk."

To my surprise, he laughs. After a while, I do the same.

"Yeah, I was back then." He holds both of my hands now. "Now, I'm different."

"Time changes people." I say, not just for him, but myself as well.

"It sure does, Lotus." He kisses me softly.

"It sure does."

~.~
A/N: hi

first I want to start off with saying I'm sorry. It's been almost two years since I last wrote and honestly I left a lot of you guys hanging. So here's the final chapter of the flower shop. it's been bugging me that I didn't finish this a while ago, so here it is.

second I want to say that I have no idea if I'll be back to writing because that's just something I don't have time for. I'm sorry, but it's been two years and I think that part of me is gone. Writing for you guys has been great but for me I think it's time to move on.

So once again, if I've disappointed anyone I'm sorry. I don't want to get anybody's hopes up but maybe I'll be back, or maybe I'll have a book out, because I love writing, and I love the exchange with you guys. Maybe it won't be about Hayes but it'll be something I care about. So, we'll see what the future holds.

For now, thank you guys for reading! I love you all, thanks for the support.

I'll see you guys soon. Bye!