Chapter 6

enjoyyy.

**

Liam snatched his phone up from Louis' nightstand and slid his thumb across the screen, growling a bitter "what?" into the phone.

"Li?" Niall asked softly, sounding a bit frightened.

Immediately, Liam felt guilty. "Niall? I'm sorry, baby, I didn't see that it was you."

"W-what are you doing?"

"Uh, nothing really. Yourself?" Suddenly, everything Liam was doing felt wrong. He pulled out of Louis and began dressing himself.

Louis gave him a confused look.

"I was just finishing my homework.. I.. You know, I'll just call you at a better time. It's-"

"No! No, Ni, it's fine. Babe, do you want me to come over?"

"I-I did, yes. But you don't have to," Niall said softly.

"I will. I'll be there soon, okay?" Liam responded.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too, Ni."

**

Liam knocked on Niall's door, still shaking from Louis calling after him as he left him on his bed and sped to Niall's house. He loved Niall. He loved having sex with Louis. Did he love Louis? He wasn't sure. He didn't. He did. He just didn't know.

Niall opened the door, and Liam couldn't tell what was wrong, but he knew something was. Niall's eyes were puffy but they were cold as they stared into Liam's.

"Hi, baby," Liam said softly.

Niall opened the door wider and Liam took it as an 'okay' for him to come in.

"Something wrong?" Liam asked but he knew the answer to everything when he saw the curly haired boy standing in the living room of Niall's home.

Liam's eyes moved from Niall to Harry over and over before he realized it was over. The secret was out.

"I'm sorry, Liam. But I had to tell him. It wasn't fair," Harry said, keeping his eyes on the floor.

"Why?" Niall asked harshly.

"Why what?" Liam asked stupidly.

"Don't play dumb with me. Was I not good enough for you? Tell me why you did it."

Liam sighed. "When we first started dating...I was attracted to you in a sexual way. And when you said that you were a virgin and you weren't ready...I was respecting that. But I still had a lot of sexual tension, Niall. And Louis...well he just came when I needed it and we started hooking up. But it wasn't anything more than sex. It wasn't. We did it and then left each other's houses. No cuddling or anything afterwards. Just meaningless sex all because I was stupid enough to not wait for you and be your first. But if you don't absolutely hate me I still can be your first...but if you hate me, I'll leave."

Niall stared at Liam, taking in everything he had just said.

"I don't hate you, Liam. But you can't be my first," he said finally.

"So, are you saying that we're--?"

"No," Niall shook his head, "as long as you stop everything with Louis."

"I will. It's all over between us." Liam swallowed. "Baby, can I please, please be the first one to make love to you? I know you feel like because of what I did you need to get back at me but it won't mean anything to you and you'll regret it. I know you will. So please."

"No, Liam. You can't--"

"Niall, please--"

"You can't because...because I've already lost my virginity."