| twenty seven.

incoming call
cait
ANSWER | DECLINE

"Dr Snow,
how may I help you?"

"Jen, please don't leave."

"B-Barry?
Why the hell are you calling?"

"I'm sorry,
I'm sorry please don't hang up."

"Barry, I have to go.
The train's leaving soon."

"No, we need to talk.
Come on Jen please."

"Stop saying please Barry,
it doesn't suit you.
Sorry Barry, I've gotta go.
Bye..."

"N-"

end call
9:46am

✪✪✪✪✪✪

  JEN hung up and stuffed her phone in her pocket, grabbing her suitcase and walking towards the train.

  Oliver held the door open for his cousin as she walked over and sat next to Rach.

  "We're stuck on the bloody train, why couldn't professor get us a flight again." Rachel mumbled resting her head on her friend's shoulder. "I don't want to leave..."

  Jen placed her head on top of Rachel's mumbling an 'I know' as her older cousin took in her very visible features.

  The shaking of the knee, the put that was stuck on her face and the cracking of her knuckles, all of these indicating that something was wrong.

  "What's up?" Oliver asked out of nowhere as all heads turned towards him in confusion. Jen immediately knew the question was directed at her as Oliver's steel stare was still on her.

  Shifting uncomfortably in her seat she responded with, "What do you mean? Nothing's up."

  Everyone in the little circle knew that Jen was lying, Jen was a horrible liar and the only people that believed her were Barry and one of Rachel's old boarding school friends.

  "You're lying." Diggle obviously stated as the Gillins girl soon became uncomfortable with all the knowing stares from her friends.

  "No shit Sherlock." Rachel sassed at Diggle who laughed at the situation.

  "I'm just stressed. You know about the assignment." Jen stuttered as she slouched down in her seat knowing that she was never going to win.

  "From what I've seen, I think it'll be an A+." Felicity said grabbing the completed product from Jen's bag.

  Awkwardly scratching her neck, she laughed in defeat as she grabbed back the drawing placing it back in her bag.

  "Fine fine. I'm just in a fight with someone okay?"

  "With who?"

  "Someone."

  "And that someone's Barry." Rachel said interrupted the banter between Jen and Oliver. Jen looked at her friend with a fierce look in her eye as she watched her friend cower in fear.

  Quickly apologizing to Jen, Rachel hugged her friend hoping that would make up for the slip up.

  And lucky for Rachel, Jen was in need of a hug.

  She really did miss Barry, but he didn't know anything about her and he had falsely accused her of not knowing how he felt.

  But in reality, she knew how it felt; to try to save someone and not succeeding.