The truth.

At around 9:00 pm I got a text from Jack.

Jack: I miss you.

Me: Excuse me?

Jack: What?

Me: Just don't. I'm with Cameron and I'm happy.

Jack: You don't love him like you love me...

Me: You're right, I love him more.

Jack: Kays, you're not foolin anyone.

Me: You don't know anything Jack.

Jack: I know that every time I touch you, you get chills. I know that I can make you wet just by sucking on that tender spot right below your jaw. I know that when I look into your eyes as I kiss you, Your breathing hitches. I know that when we're making out and I bite your lip, It drives you crazy. I know that I can make you moan a sweet tender moan, just by kissing you while we're fucking. Baby, I know what drives you crazy. He doesn't. He can't do that to you.

It took me a minute to pull myself back together, because for a few seconds there I lost it. He's right, Cameron can't make me feel that way. The smallest things that Jack does, drives me crazy. But I can't admit that.

Me: So what? No, he can't make me feel like that. But he can make me feel things that you can't. There was a time when I loved you, but that time is long gone.

Jack: You just don't want to admit that you still love me. Kaysynn Carter, I know you. I used to be your best friend. I know everything about you, and I know that no matter what you say you will always be absolutely crazy for me. I also know that I will always feel that exact same way about you, if not better. Because in all honesty, I'm in love with you.

By this time, I was crying. Somehow he manages to make me have second thoughts every time.

Me: I can't. I just can't.

Jack: Why not?

Me: it's not right.

Jack: that's never stopped you before. Remember when you cheated on me with Jack, My best friend?

Me: that's different.

Jack: but it's not...

Just then I heard a knock on the door. Not even thinking, I got up and opened it.

Jack.