End of an Era

'Locke is dead.'

The day Zane Robert's received that particular text, he was in the middle of a press conference, over a hundred news reporters filled the hall, almost all came with either a cameraman or photographer attached.

He had been discussing his transfer from his current NBA league team to his next. He'd be starting in his first official game in a month.

It was supposed to be a day he would be proud of.

They were all looking at him.

They all caught the moment he read the text.

He left the hall minutes later.

He collapsed once he reached his dressing room.

He left for London less than an hour after with nothing more than the clothes he wore and the bag he'd carried to the conference.

He did all this as the world he knew fell apart before him.

A world that Locke had always been somewhere in.

Never with him.

It was never with him.

Years before, they had accepted that it could never be together.

But he'd always been somewhere in it, somewhere that should have only been a plane ride away if something came up that forced them to reunite – whether by chance or desire.

But this...

This...

Zane had never been one for tears.

His mother's former boyfriend had taught him to hold them in long, long ago.

And yet he found himself collapsed on the floor of the First Class bathroom, tears streaming from his eyes, another wave of vomit rushing forwards as shock wracked his body.

He had to be wrong.

The man had to be wrong.

The man who sent the message, who worked for Locke... he had to be wrong!

He couldn't be dead.

Locke wasn't the type to just... die.

He couldn't.

He had promised to come see Zane's opening game for his new team.

It would be the first time they'd see each other face to face in six years.

Six wasted years.

Zane hadn't even had the chance to say goodbye.

~~~~~~

Chapter's done. Locke's dead. End of story. bye bye now!

Ok, now now, I'm obviously joking, we have more story to come. but what kind of story? 

We're back again for the final installment of these two. 

Sorry for the short chapter, next up soon