Chapter 12

It was Friday again and the entire school appeared to be in a drastic frenzy over the occurring dance that would take place tonight.

Unlike  everyone else, I was dreading it. Not that I didn't like having a good time it just wasn't my scene and I was always left feeling awkward when I was at one.

I wished the day would've dragged on longer because it was already 6:30pm and Lilly was beginning to get ready. I glanced from a distance gripping tightly onto my American Chillers novel which I loved dearly.

    I'd thought I'd get away with Lilly not asking me to Join but I hoped to soon, it wasn't even three seconds later when the sound of her voice rang through my ears

"How ever can I convince you Sky Marie Matthews to attend the dance?"

I shot her glare for the use of my last and middle name.
"It's simple. Ya can't" I projected.

She huffed. "Well you know...Noah's going to be there since he's on the committee and all" Lilly cooed wiggling her eyebrows.
Since when do bad boys like Noah join committees?
And he never told me he was going.

"Besides we're also sneaking out to an after party" she added.

I jumped up. "Lilly you can't do that. Wait hold up you. When you say we're you mean you also?!?" I sputtered. She nodded her head like it was something I shouldn't be surprised about.

"Have to get a bite every once in a while" she said, small sharp fangs suddenly sprung from under her upper lip. I cringed.
So there it was.

The very first time I've ever seen her fangs. But to be honest they weren't that intimidating.
I bet my fangs would be so much more vicious.
Wait. What am I saying?

I set my book aside throwing on a thick hoodie.
"I'm coming with you" I quavered.
"Yay I knew I would change your mind I just......" She paused looking me up and down with specular eyes.  "Please tell me that's not what you're wearing" Lilly asked shifting her face into one of pure fright.

I shrugged my shoulders collecting my hair into a messy bun. "What's wrong with my attire?"  I questioned.
Lilly's top lip slightly arched as she made a (bitch are you serious)Look but I myself knew that she was incapable of thinking that.

I chuckled under my breath. Her reactions to everything never failed to bring humor, The fact being is because she's so exaggerative.

"I can change into some skinny jeans and a nice floral top if that'll make you feel better" I offered with a smile.

She shook her head turning towards her small cramped closet. I sat watching un-entertained as she scrambled through piles of clothes gurgling things under her breath in the process.

Five minutes later she was holding up a deep dark red velvety  dress with top ruffles that stretched from the upper half to the waist.

It was something I guess...,

L"You'll wear this" she said shoving it into my hands before giving me a chance to protest.

"Well go on " Lilly implored.
I inwardly groaned as I turned around trudging to our small bathroom to change into the frilly dress.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Lilly's dress clung tightly to my body. The dress was obviously not in my size so it hugged a bit tighter than it was probably intended too.

I shifted in the mirror trying to get a look in every angle.
My eyes fell to my breast which seemed to prominent detail of my attire.

I emerged from the bathroom to find Lilly fully dressed in a black long sleeved dress covered in silver stars that sparkled against every glare.
She looked nice.

She turned around at the sound of my entry. A satisfied smile spread across her face.

"Your perfect the only thing left now is the hair" she beamed suddenly struck with excitement which me groan.