Chapter Eleven: "She's In Love"

One by one, Ariel's sisters burst into their grotto, all gossiping with one another.
"I'm talking about Ariel, that's who!" Allana shouted.
Adella scoffed. "What about her?"
"She sure has been acting fishy lately." Allana continued.
"I'll say!" Aquata declared. "Swimming in circles, chasing her tail..."
"That girl is up to her gills in something!" Allana finished.
They began to sing;
"She's dizzy and she's dreamy," sang Allana.
"Her head's up in the foam," Aquata sang.
"Her eyes have gone all gleamy," Attina sang, "it's like there's no one home."
All three of them sang together, "She floats away the days, moping on the coastal shelf."
"Is she ill?" sang Allana.
"Or insane?" sang Attina.
"Is it water on the brain?" sang Aquata.
The three of them sang together again, "What has got her bothered so?"
Andrina joined in, "It's the bends!" she sang.
"It's the flu!" Adella sang.
Arista sighed as she sang, "Gosh! I wish we had a clue."
Suddenly, they all realized, and joined in chorus together:
"Oh wait! Oh dear! Good grief! It's clear!" they sang. "She's in love! She's in love! Pounding heart! Ringing bells!"
Just then, Ariel swam by, humming to herself dreamily.
Allana pointed to her. "Look! I think she's even wearing brand new shells!"
Arista, Adella, and Aquata sang, "She's in love! She's in love!" as Andrina, Attina, and Allana sang, "In love, and it's divine! That girl's on sandbar nine!"
They all joined together again, "Glory be! Lord above! Got to be she's in love!"
Flounder swam into the sisters' grotto, unaware of what was going on, and Arista pulled him aside. "Hey, Flounder!" she said. "Notice anything weird lately about 'you-know-who'?"
"You mean Ariel?" he asked. "I'll say!"
Flounder burst into song. "She acts like she don't see me, she doesn't even speak. She treats me like sashimi left over from last week. You see her late at night, tossing in her ocean bed. And she sighs, and she swoons, and she's hummin' little tunes."
The sisters broke out into song again; "Even has a sort of glow!"
Flounder still was unaware. "What on earth could it be?"
The sisters were shocked at his unawareness. "Any hammerhead could see!"
Aquata and Adella sang, "That sigh!"
Arista and Allana sang, "That glow!"
Attina and Andrina sang, "That swoon!"
Flounder realized and said, "Oh, no!" Then began to sing, "She's in love! She's in love!" as the sisters sang, "She's flipped; it never fails! All hot beneath her scales!"
Flounder continued, "See her hips! How they swish!"
The sisters sang, "Well, well, well, don't you wonder who's the lucky seafood dish?"
Flounder continued singing, "She's in love! She's in love!" as the sisters sang, "She's found a deep sea hunk, and now she's as good as sunk!"
Flounder sang, "See her blush!"
The sisters joined in, "See her grin!" And the sisters finished, "Got to be love she's in!"
Flounder began, "Ariel and someone, swimmin' in the sea! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"
Attina, Allana, and Aquata sang, "She's in love!" and Andrina, Arista, and Adella followed after them, "She's in love!"
They all shouted, including Flounder, "She's! In! Love!"
All of them, the sisters and Flounder, sang, "She's in love! She's in love!"
Flounder sang first, "Plain to see!" and the sisters followed, "Plain to see!"
Flounder sang again, "No mistake!" and the sisters followed after, "No mistake!"
Flounder sang again, "Look at those moonbeams in her wake!" as the sisters echoed, "Look at those moonbeams!"
Everyone burst out in song again, "Obvious what they must be symptoms of! She's in love, she's in love! She's in love! Yeah, yeah!"