Chapter 5: New Friend?

"You are dismissed," Fury said with both of his hands on his back. First "class" or what is preferred to be called training, had just ended. It wasn't really a tiring one though, they just have been introduced to what they were going to face as the Avengers, what training they would receive, what they were supposed to do as a team, they each tried some simulations so J.A.R.V.I.S (the new AI, which is able to show "magical" holograms, installed by Tony which made everybody except Fury and Tony jump in shock when he first greeted everyone in the training room) scan their fight patterns, heart rate, oxygen intake and other health information which might be important for the training.

Each and every member were given a Starkpad, a tabloid made by Stark Industries, to receive training schedules, evaluation missions, and find information from S.H.I.E.L.D database, along with biodata of every single member. Fury insists that they check out their teammates biodata to get along and become better as a team. For Wanda, she didn't have to check those datas, she could find out just by looking into their heads.

Natasha went into the kitchen to find something to drink and probably make herself a sandwich. Her hunger wasn't the result of the training, she simply was just hungry, how was it possible for Natasha Romanoff to be simply just hungry? She herself didn't know why. She opened the fridge, to all her disappointment the juice boxes are all either empty, or is frozen, and she could only find a loaf of bread for her sandwich. Shit.

"Tony?! Stark?! Why is there barely anything in the fridge?" She shouted, since Tony said that he would supply everything, by everything he literally means everything, for the avengers, considering the billionaire he is. Instead of Tony, Jarvis answered instead.

"Is there anything I could help you with, Agent Romanoff? Mr. Stark is currently in his lab doing some experiments."

"Jarvis, where can I get some more drinks and sandwich?"

"The supermarket about 15 minutes drive from here, or probably the cafetaria in the main building."

"Thank you, Jarvis."

"Anytime, Agent Romanoff."

Natasha walked out of the building bringing her Starkpad with her, reading background stories on the biodata of each member, they all have this some kind of twisted past, some probably even worse than others, just like her. The trip to the cafeteria seemed short, as she was occupied in reading the tab in her hands, she got herself a glass of orang juice and a sandwich. Holding the glass on one hand and the tab on the other

She then found Steve's, she read his story, how he volunteered for Project: Rebirth, all those illness he suffered as scrawny Steve, Howling Commandos, about being "the greatest generation", his time in the army, well yes she have read stories of him in the Smithsonian being the war hero he is, but Public Museums don't reveal as much information as S.H.I.E.L.D does about Captain America. The file also reveals about his friends which includes the Howling Commandos, Howard Stark, Margaret "Peggy" Carter. Carter, she knew that name, she knew her as one of the founder's of S.H.I.E.L.D, she was probably the girl that Steve-

Her mind was brought back to reality when she realized she just crashed a blonde girl, spilling her juice all over the girl while she was so caught up on learning about Steve. Dammit Romanoff what the hell is wrong with you, you're usually very good multitasking.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, are you alright?" Natasha apologized to the girl.

"Uh, yeah, it's okay, i just probably need to change, it's my fault actually, running in the hallway, I was just worried that the gym would be full so I ran," she said, trying to wipe off the juice spillage on her training shirt.

"I'm sorry, I should've been more careful, do you need help with that?" Nat offered her help.

"No, it's fine, like I've said I need to hurry to the gym before it gets jam packed with people."

"Uh, as a return for me bumping you, you could use our gym back in Stark Building, there's plenty of space." Nat smiled, trying pay her mistakes.

"Oh really?! That would be nice actually, thank you very much."

"Yeah no problem, when you get in just tell you're with Natasha Romanoff."

"Okay, sure, thank you, I'll probably go there some time this week, and oh I'm Sharon Carter, nice to meet you." The girl said and left.

Wait, hold on 'Carter' as in Peggy Carters's 'Carter'? Is she her daughter or something? I'll need to do some research later. Natasha thought walking back to the building, taking a sip from her glass only to be reminded she spilled all her juice on Sharon, well shit, probably she was just unlucky. But she was lucky she could get to know someone else outside her small circle of friends.

Back in the building, Jarvis immediately greeted Natasha telling him that Steve was finding for her. She went upstairs knocking on Steve's door this time, the last time she didn't, she startled the shit out of him.

"Steve?"

"Natasha? Where have you been? I've been searching for you."

"Finding some lunch, but ended up spilling my orange juice over this Sharon girl."

"New friend?"

"You can say that, if you ask her out she'd probably say yes, she's kinda cute." Steve just chuckled.

"What is it with you and finding me a date?"

"I don't know, it's kinda cute looking at you blush and going all pink faced." She smirked.

"So, you think I'm cute?" He asked, and starts to blush, as always.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself Rogers," she chuckled, "so, why'd you find me?"

"I made some lunch, but I remembered how you liked my cooking so I waited for you to return."

"So, it's a lunch date?" She smirked.

"No, of course no, i just uh, thought of you and since everybody else is pretty occupied." He started to blush furiously.

"Relax, I'm just teasing you Rogers, I've eaten a sandwich, but sure I'll accompany you eat."

Just like that, there they were again eating together all alone in the dining room. They talked a bit, just about light topics, nothing too serious, enjoying themselves without the others around. How Natasha loved to spend this kind of quality time with someone beside her best friend, Clint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I'm sorry it took me quite a time updating the story, because I was very sick these past few days. I hope you enjoy this chapter! 💕 Comment & Vote! Next chapter up in 3 days or so (no promises tho)