Chapter 11

"I have an assignment for each of you," Agent Hill announced, entering their very own training room through the automatic doors.

"Stark, Thor, we've intercepted a terrorist community communication line, intel says they have a plan of attack and robbery on this bank in DC. Minimize civilian casualties." She ordered, handing a Stark Pad to Stark and Thor, containing information regarding their assignment.

"Barton, Maximoff, Wilson, a weapon developed by the science division of S.H.I.E.L.D has been stolen by some mercs on the way to a secure facility. Get it back. Use the quinjet in the hangar." Again, Hill hands them a Stark Pad.

"Rogers, Romanoff, we have found a suspicious warehouse, it has been consuming lots of electricity from the power plant, and from information we got, arms and ammunition were loaded into the place." Steve and Natasha looked into the Stark Pad.

"Banner, you stay here in the Building, I have something for you to research on. Everybody clear?"

"Why am I assigned with Goldilocks right here and the birdboys and Captain Spangles gets to be assigned with the ladies?" Stark spoke up earning a glare from the said 'Goldilocks'.

"Others?"

"A suspicious warehouse in the middle of New York?" Steve asked.

"That's the thing, you will be accompanied by other field agents in training." Steve nodded. The rest of the team disassembled and go to their own preparation for their assignment. Most go to their respective rooms to wear their combat-ready uniforms. Steve is in his room, when a knock came on the door. Then a redhead holding a dark blue uniform with a star in the middle walked right into his room.

"Nat? What's that?" He asks, pointing to the uniform on her hand.

"Oh this, it's your new uniform for this kind of mission, or in your case, assignment."

"But I got a uniform," he says, gesturing the blue, white and red uniform he's wearing.

"Rogers, tell me how can the hostiles not see a walking American flag from miles away? Hm?" It made him look down and think for a while.

"Good point."

---

The two were joined by a couple other field agents in training, Aurielle Smith, Jane Knox, and Will Jackson. With, of course, Smith and Knox ogling over Steve the whole flight in the quinjet.

"Alright, listen up. We split in two, Smith, Romanoff and I will go in from the top, Knox, Jackson from the door on the alley right here," he said firmly, pointing at the holographic map displayed, "if you find someone who shows hostility, take 'em out," everyone nodded in unison, "remember don't make loud noises, civilians might suspect something and report local police."

"Fury gave us these tracking devices to wear in case something goes wrong," Natasha said while outstretching her arm and opened her palm to give each of them the tracking device.

"You're not wearing one?" Steve asked Natasha when he noticed she wasn't wearing one awhile everybody were preparing everything for the task.

"Don't need one," she said smirking as she barged through the door of the disguised van right in front of the said warehouse. Everybody else followed suit, running soundlessly towards the warehouse. They each went to their assigned places.

Romanoff, Rogers, and Smith ran over the stairs on the side towards the roof. Natasha kneeled down on the roof, took out a gadget from her belt and started to cut open the roof. The three jumped in as quietly as possible, all in defense stance, ready at all times.

"Jackson, status," Rogers whispered through the comms.

"We're in," came a reply.

The warehouse was eerily very quiet, dusty and empty? Hill said something about arms and ammunitions being loaded into place yet there's nothing, about the place consuming huge amount of electricity yet there is barely a light bulb that's alive. Just a really big empty warehouse. Still, they went around and checked on the building, there must be something.

"Do you get something?" Knox' voice sounded over the comms, no louder than a whisper.

"Negative, this place is em-" Then a grenade dropped from above, throwing the three in all different directions. Nat sent straight to hit a wall. Hard. Her head spinning like crazy, blood dripping from the side of her face. Steve looked up and saw a figure up there. He ran following the figure until he reached  a dead end in the building. Natasha and Smith right behind looking at their own backs. "It's a trap, let's get out of here!" Natasha spoke through the comms voice a bit shaky,"Hill, we need backup this place is a trap, send us an extraction team now!"

"Rogers! We need help! Someone is shooting us, but we can't see him!" Jackson's flustered voice came through in a shout. Steve turned around and ran towards his voice. Smith was already running towards Jackson, Steve closely behind. Before Natasha could run and join the two to help Jackson, someone barged through the front door.

"Excuse me? I heard gunsh-" Natasha ran towards the man at the door right before a bullet hit him. She stood up, lifting her body with her elbows before another wave of headache hit her, she  slowly stands up and saw the man. A civilian. Shit.

"Sir, I need you to get out of here," she said while holding her head.

"Wha- What? What's happening?" The man was clearly confused and terrified at the same time. Natasha gave her hand to the man to help him up. They both ran towards the stairs that leads to the opened roof before. Natasha supporting the man with one arm.

"Rogers, I'm heading out with a civilian, where are you?"

"No! Romanoff stay where you are the shooter is heading your way. I'm coming there."

She halted to a stop at his warning, scanning the area around her for the shooter, though her vision starts to get blurry thanks to the injury, arms stretched wide to protect the civilian behind her until they heard a gun shot and another man jumped in from above. Long hair, masked face, and a metal arm. Dark eyes looking at her, cold and threatening. Definitely not a S.H.I.E.L.D guy. Not good.

She slowly put her hand on her thigh to get her gun, only to find out it's not there, it's lying next to the front door right where she jumped in to save the man. Shit.

Then Steve appeared from behind, throwing his shield towards the shooter. Only to be caught. The man threw his shield away from him, really hard it got suck into the brick wall behind Steve. He was about to retrieve it when he saw Natasha shaking like she's about collapse any second, with a gun pointed at her.

"NATASHA!" He jumped right in to cover her, but he was shieldless. But he was her shield, he had to protect her, no matter the cost. The sound of the gun clicking echoed through the empty building. Not only one bullet hit him, he could feel the pain spreading through his body, before he fell down.

A thought came to him. Natasha. Fingers reaching out to the pale body now lying beside him. And then it was dark.

---
Hi guys! Here's another update, I think my longest chapter yet.
Anyways, I hope you guys love it, vote and comment! Tyvm 💕
And btw, when I'm finished with this story, I have another romanogers story in process yeas.
xx.