Chapter 21

Steve returned himself to his own bedroom, contemplating all that had happened this day and those others previous days which have been a hell of a ride. The team's existence is threatened because of his fault, his mistake. Kinda. He was mad at Natasha, but was all that necessary? Was the team splitting up be worth for his anger and jealousy of Natasha? He believes it's not. The others are insisting that he bring her back, or else they'll leave. He made them his family when he joined, them leaving means losing his family all over again. He can't risk that.

To be honest, he still had feelings for her, but did she? See, that's the thing he's always worried about. Does her heart sides with him? Or does it sides with Bucky? True she showed how she cared for him, but was it the same way of care she always showed for Clint, the one she showed to him as if he was her brother? Natasha is many things, predictable isn't one of them.

In times like this, he knew who to seek help to. Wanda. She knew everything, basically. Seeing what he did to her earlier in the morning, he wasn't sure she'd like to help.

Steve went to Wanda's room, and gave the door a light knock before opening it, only to find the brunette was having what seems to be a serious conversation with the metal armed man.

"Wanda? Can I talk to you?" He asked softly. She nodded her head while Bucky excused himself out. He sat beside her on her bed, before he started talking.

"I'm sorry," he said,"it was so unprofessional of me. I let my feelings take the best of me," he sighed.

"You should not be like that, Steve. You have a problem with her, you solve it. I can see that it's really bothering both you and her. I don't need my powers to see that."

"I'm sorry, I was a coward."

"It's fine," she forgave him, silence came between them then she spoke up.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your way to get her back? I mean she stormed out the facility minutes ago," she teased him.

Then realization hit him. She actually left.

"What?!"

"You didn't know? She left," she said brows furrowed.

"Shit. What should I do?" He asked flustered.

"Tell her, how you love her, apologize for your actions, tell her it's gonna be okay."

"But, her and Bucky?"

"I told him just now he got no chance, I can see that whatever they had in the past isnt as strong as what she have with you now. He said, he'd let you have her if she's better that way."

"It's just- it's uhm, does she feel the same?"

She smirked at him, guess he should find out himself.

---
Steve blasted out the facility and into the main building, guessing that Natasha might be there somewhere. He asked around asking for Natasha, until he found Hill.

"Hill, where's Natasha?"

"She's in the briefing room, with Coulson."

"Thanks," he said and bolted away straight into the briefing room, the sound of the door banging loud enough to make Natasha and Coulson look up from their papers.

"Rogers, you don't have the clearance for this," Coulson said stepping in front of him, Natasha trying her best to keep her eyes on her papers and away from him, he's mad at her anyway.

"Coulson, please let me talk to her," he pleaded Coulson.

"Rogers.." He warned.

"5 minutes, please just 5 minutes okay?" Coulson sighed and gave the both of them a look and walked out.

Natasha didn't even bother to look at him, still pretending he's not there. Steve walked his way towards her, keeping a distance, not too far not too close, within arms' reach.

"Nat.. I-" He tried to take her hands in his but she pulled it away, just the way he did the night earlier.

"Nat, please listen to me," he pleaded, but she turned around and tried to walk away from him. He grabbed her arms and turned her around to face him, hands still gripping her arms in place.

"I'm sorry, Natasha. I'm sorry, for what I've done, for what I've said," he apologized but she wouldn't look him in the eyes, he grabbed her chin gently so she was looking at him, and she found herself lost again in the sea of blue, those beautiful eyes of his, "I let my jealousy cloud my judgment, I should've understand that you wanted to spend some time with someone who was once so special to you, I'm sorry. Please. Give me a chance, don't leave us, Nat. Don't leave me."

"Maybe we're not meant to be," she said to him, voice soft as a whisper, barely loud enough to be heard as she looked at him in the eye, "everytime we try to find a way back to each other, something else happens and then there's a rift between us again, isn't that a sign we can't be together?"

"We should try, Nat," he said hopefully, squeezing her hands.

"We did and looked what happened to us, we're not meant for happily ever after, Steve."

"You're my happily ever after, Nat. You are, please give it a try," he pleaded once more.

"You deserve someone better, Steve, someone that wouldn't break your heart and drive you mad." Again with the 'i don't deserve you' she always gave, Steve.

Yes, he deserved the oceans, but she was just like a rolling wave. He deserved the whole world, but she was just like a speck of land. He deserved the whole damn universe, but she was just like a faded star. He didn't care. Even a rolling wave is a part of the ocean, a speck of land is a piece of the world and even a faded star still belongs to the universe. He didn't care if she thinks she's unworthy of him. She's a part of him. A piece of him. She belongs to him.

"I don't want to be with anyone but you, Nat. When I first joined SHIELD, I didn't have much motivation, but then on my very first day here, I saw a beautiful girl with fiery red hair, I never know that feeling I had would change into love. I've never been more in love before, but I'm glad that it's you I've fallen for. Please, Nat give me a chance. Give us a chance. Don't leave."

---
Hellooo people!
New update HEHEEE
It took me so long to get this done
I hope you loved it, comment or message me your thoughts or ideas bcs they make my day
Don't ever forget to vote ❤️