16 - 06/05

baekedbeans: y'know i've waited all day for you to send me birthday wishes bUT IT'S ALREADY 11PM WHICH MEANS ONE HOUR LEFT AND I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE

baekedbeans: i can't believe you left the birthday boy hanging the entire day

read at 11.02pm

baekedbeans: now you're even readzoning me. nice.

read at 11.03pm

baekedbeans: did something happen???

baekedbeans: if you readzone me another time i'll call you. for real.

fairytae: this is byun baekhyun? like the real byun baekhyun?

baekedbeans: are you okay .___.

fairytae: lmao jACKPOT

fairytae: you don't know how long i've been waiting for you to text taeyeon unnie

baekedbeans: who the hell are you

baekedbeans: what are you doing with her phone

fairytae: aww

fairytae: think harder my dear

fairytae: the one who sent you the box of strawberries? ;) rmb to place your used fork in the same box when you throw it out. i don't want to be stuck in the garbage area all day long looking for your fork

baekedbeans: wtf

baekedbeans: i can't believe you're still following me

baekedbeans: get the hell out of my life sasaeng

baekedbeans: and where is she?

fairytae: ily but

fairytae: i can only give you 20 minutes at the most to reach hellington park.

fairytae: let's see how much you care about taeyeon unnie :>

baekhyun pulled a hand through his hair in frustration as he threw his phone on the bed where it landed with a soft thud. pulling a navy blue sweater over him and black ripped jeans, he grabbed his phone and a cap to conceal his features before rushing out.

the drive didn't take him long - with him stepping on the gas, 10 minutes was all he took to reach the park. it's scary how the sasaeng even knew about this park ; it's the park he and taeyeon loved to go to for their midnight dates. she must have followed and spied on them on numerous occasions. the thought of it made him shiver slightly.

pulling the cap down further, baekhyun made his way to the center of the park. it was dead silent and there were only a few people taking large strides so as to reach home quickly.

while walking, crazy thoughts swarmed his mind. how was he going to react if the sasaeng was pointing a gun at taeyeon? at this rate, he can't even be the hero even if he wants to.

all he knew was that he wouldn't let taeyeon get hurt. the thought of her crying - yes, he was certain that that delicate house fairy should be terrified by now - got his heart wrenching in all sorts of way possible. a sick feeling was already making its way to his stomach.

but as he reached the area where he and taeyeon used to visit, what greeted him was no sasaeng-hostage scene.

what greeted him, was in fact, lots and lots of multi-coloured balloons, a beautiful portrait of him hung on a large pinboard, and his favourite strawberry cake placed on a cake stand.

and on a nearby bench sat taeyeon, totally unscathed and unharmed, face illuminated by her phone screen. hearing baekhyun's footsteps, she had glanced up to see his flustered face. 

as she stood up, baekhyun took large strides towards her. no words could escape from her mouth before he engulfed her in a bear hug as if she'd disappear from his sight any moment.

surprised, taeyeon encircled her arms around his waist and hugged him back as well though not as tight. "a-are you okay? you got scared by walking here alone in the dark?"

"how can you still joke at a time like this?" baekhyun muttered, burying his face in the crook of taeyeon's neck as he breathed in the scent he thought he would never smell again. "you stupid sasaeng."

"i just thought it would be nice to give you a surprise... and since you're so witty i had to think of something serious-"

"i love you." baekhyun whispered, his voice muffled.

the petite girl's eyes widened slightly as her heart skipped a beat. with an irregular heartbeat, she could hardly think straight. sure they've said this numerous times, but it was all for fun. they were never serious when they said 'i love you's.

"i came here thinking i'd never have the chance to tell you this ever again. do you know how much i blamed myself for not having said that to you before?" baekhyun continued.

before she could help it, her eyes were already glistening with tears. she tried to look up to blink them back, but they were stubborn enough to roll down her cheeks instead. her telltale sniffs got baekhyun's attention as he pulled back and looked at her.

"yah." he breathed. "why are you crying?"

instead of replying, she tried to cover her face by burying it in baekhyun's chest. as she sobbed, she felt him caressing her hair.

"i'm sorry," taeyeon whispered. "i love you too. i won't play such a prank anymore."

"no, please do it again." came his reply.

"huh?"

"so that i can hear you say that you love me again."