Chapter 1: An Illusion

Spiky, brown hair. Vibrant, lively emerald eyes. A yellow and green ying-yang necklace. A smirk on their face.

That was the appearance of the young man that haunted (Name) (Last Name)'s memories.

Yet, Gary Shigeru Oak did not appear to be a real person, but rather someone that existed in the world of fantasy rather than reality. "I love you. I really do. How can I be mad at you when you're the girl I love?" She thought she was insane, delusional. But little did she know, she wasn't. Only unfortunate. Very, very unfortunate. A person shouldn't face this much pain in life. But (Name) did.

And yet, somehow, with all these images in her head that were simply illusions in her world, to the naked eye, she was a completely normal 25-year old fashion designer working at Elesa's personal design branch in Nimbasa City.

"What an honor to have Kalos' Lady as one of my designers!" The blonde Gym Leader had exclaimed upon their first meeting three years ago.

"E-Excuse me?" (Name)'s face flushed bright red. She wasn't expecting anyone's recognition of her title from many years ago. Elesa only winked.

"I would never forget an exceptional battler such as yourself," the blonde remarked with a grin. "Nice to have you here!"

"T-Thank you..." (Name) mumbled with a tentative smile in return. Her times in Kalos were confusing. Apparently, she had become the Kalos Lady at some point, and it wasn't just some forlorn fantasy written in that journal stuffed deep in her bedside drawer.

When (Name) moved to Unova, she moved in with one of her dear friends, Natural Gropius Harmonia, N for short, in N's small cottage near the Pinwheel Forest. Every morning, (Name)'s Talonflame flew her to work while N's Zekrom flew him to his business building in Castelia City, where he worked at a Pokemon welfare firm.

N was the king of the organization Team Plasma, which was defeated by his current girlfriend, Touko White. N realized his mistakes and devoted his life to making the world a better place for the Pokemon he almost hurt, despite his originally good intentions. (Name) and N met during (Name)'s journey through Unova, two years after Touko defeated the original Team Plasma. After (Name) defeated Neo Team Plasma during her travels, N had gifted her with the Zekrom egg that had hatched into one of her famous powerhouses.

The first thing N noticed when (Name) called him asking to move in with him was her obvious fear and paranoia in her voice. The green-haired man never brought up her tone but was worried. (Name), at their first few meetings, was cheerful, hot-headed, and brave. The new (Name) was quiet, shy, and jumpy.

One night, when N decided to bring up a pot of tea for a sick (Name), he caught her up in her room reading a leather-bound journal, with tears rolling down her cheeks. However, the second he made the tiniest peep, she jumped and hid the book as fast as she could.

Despite his curiosity, N never snooped in (Name)'s room while she was away. He respected her privacy but couldn't help but worry about her. All he knew was, within the pages of that journal were words that drove his friend to endless tears.

~~~

A seven-year old girl stood quietly at her window, staring out into the dark night right into the luminescent moon. She drew out a long sigh.

"When will the savior come forth?"

He will come forth, a voice seemed to echo from the moon. When the time is right...

"Kaila, go to sleep!" Her mother's voice ordered.

"Yes, Mom," the girl muttered, her green eyes seeming to glow in the misty moonlight. Her features shimmered as the light trickled in through the thin glass. She was pale, her eyes sunken and tired, quite unusual for an adolescent such as herself.