Chapter 2: Reminisce

It was just another normal day at the Nimbasa City design firm, with designers sketching away, measurements of models being taken, and photographers professionally shooting glamorous pictures of the new outfits.

(Name) was at hard work, as per usual, as her pencil moved frantically along the notepad. She was so focused that she barely noticed when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Ah!" She exclaimed in surprise. She swiveled her body to meet become eye-to-eye with none other than the Gym Leader of the town, Elesa Kamitsure.

"Good morning, (Name)!" the blonde spoke cheerfully.

"Good morning, Miss Elesa," the woman said respectfully, giving a quick bow. Elesa laughed.

"Must I tell you every day? There's no need for formalities, (Name)," Elesa chided.

"Sorry, Miss Elesa." Elesa shot her a pointed look. "I mean, Elesa." The two laughed lightly.

"Do you mind if I take a look at your work?"

"S-sure." (Name) gulped nervously, not knowing if Elesa would like her designs. Hesitantly, she handed the model her notebook full of sketches. Elesa flipped through the pages one by one, her eyes widening. Oh no. What if she doesn't like them?

"...These are gorgeous!" Elesa exclaimed suddenly.

"R-Really?" (Name) stuttered, a look of disbelief on her face. "But I—"

"We must use these for next fashion show! Director!" Elesa called to a balding man across the room. He came rushing over.

"Yes, Miss Elesa?" he asked eagerly.

"Put these designs in the stack with all the plans for the next fashion show, please, and this designer—" she motioned to (Name) "—in charge of the preparations for these clothes."

"Yes ma'am!" The man took the designs and hurried away to work. (Name) just sat there in shock. It all happened so fast.

"E-Elesa!" (Name) finally came to her senses. "Are you sure you can just do this?"

"Of course! I am the owner of this design firm." Elesa smiled brightly. "I know you've already noticed this, but I really do favor you over many of the designers that work here. I really enjoy having you here!"

"Thank you, Miss Elesa." (Name) bowed quickly.

"What did I say about formalities?" The blonde placed her hands on her hips and glared playfully.

"Sorry, Elesa," (Name) corrected herself with a small smile. Elesa smiled back and checked her watch.

"Ooh! It's noon. Break time, everyone! Break time!" she clapped her hands as there was a murmur of excitement as everyone finished up their work and began to file out of the office. As if on cue, N enters the building and sees, (Name), before quickly coming over.

"Hey, (Name). Ready to try that new burger place down the block?" (Name) and N had made plans that morning to have lunch together.

"Hi, N. And yeah, hold on, just let me organize my things." (Name) neatly stacked up her paperwork and notebooks while Elesa glanced from (Name) to N, then back to (Name) again.

"(Name), is this your boyfriend?" the blonde questioned. The (e/c)-eyed girl looked up, startled, nearly knocking over her box of colored pencils.

"N-No! You've got it all wrong, Elesa! This is just my good friend, who I moved in with when I came to Unova. He has a girlfriend, so don't get any weird ideas!"