Everybody Knows

Elliot's POV

"Do you want to find out if it's a boy or a girl?" I ask from the kitchen.

"Well what do you think?" She asks.

"We found out with all the kids, but I always thought it'd be cool not to know..." I says.

"I kinda of don't want to know..." She says thoughtfully.

"When do you want to tell people?" I ask, sitting next to her and handing her a half a sandwich.

"Soon, I can't hide it anymore..." She says frustratedly.

"Your 16 weeks Liv, I'm surprised people didn't figure it out a month ago." I say.

"Hey!" She says hitting him playfully, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means your almost halfway through your pregnancy." I says.

"That's a good point..." She says laughing, "How have they not noticed?"

"You have been trying really hard to hide it..." I say.

"Can you tell," She asks, "Like at work?"

"Well I guess if I didn't know already I might not be able too." I say, "Actually that's not true, I would totally know."

"How?" She ask curiously.

"Before we were married I would spend so much time just looking at you, wondering what our life would be like if we were together, I knew your body better than my own..." I say with a laugh, "You remember those couple of really tough cases we had last year around the holidays?"

"Yeah.." She says with a sigh.

"You don't eat during tough cases, I always have to make you," I say, "We had 5 or 6 in a row that were just awful, and you really didn't eat, you got so thin that I was almost worried about you, you wore that blue shirt that I love and I could see your ribs when you leaned a certain way."

"Seriously?" She says, "I don't remember thinking I lost weight then."

"I've never seen you that thin," I say, "Which is saying something because you were pretty little to begin with."

"I am not little..." She says laughing, "I'm 5'8 with wide hips, huge thighs, and big boobs, I am so not little."

"Well maybe not anymore..." I tease.

"Elliot Joseph Stabler." She says trying to keep a straight face. "I will get you back for that."

"I love you Liv..." I say laughing.

"Mhm..." She says looking back at her book.

"What are you reading anyway?" I say tilting the book upwards so I can read the title.

"It's called The Joy of Pregnancy." She says not looking up, "Basically it's telling you all the horrible things that are going to happen to your body and the saying 'oh but how wonderful it is when the miracle of life makes your ass is the size of the moon'."

I laugh at her and she shoots me a dirty look.

"You try carrying an entire person inside of you for the better part of a year." She says.

"I would do anything if it meant you weren't in pain." I say kissing her forehead.

"Ugh." She says, "If you want to push a baby out of a not quite big hole in your body, be my guest."

"I mean it doesn't exactly sound pleasant, but if I could do it for you, I would." I say.

" I'm sorry I've been so bitchy lately, thank you for putting up with me." She says softly, resting her head on my chest.