Day 316: Sweet Home

Day 316: Sweet Home

[ Electra Walsh | Third Person | Present ]

     "I'm ready." Electra announced as she raced down the flight of wide rusty metallic staircase in Cell Block C, clad in a plain black t-shirt and dark brown khaki leather trousers, her right arm looped through the worn strap on her black emptied rucksack.

     "Excuse me?" Rick questioned as he squinted his icy blue eyes at her whilst she hurriedly made her way over to Michonne, Carl and himself. She kept a neutral expression on her face as she chucked her backpack down in the corner with theirs.

     "You heard." Electra said coolly as she straightened back up, glancing up at Rick through her dark lashes. "If ya'll think you can return back to Kings County....." she looked Rick up and down. "Ya'll have got another thing coming." she smirked at him before tapping Carl's sheriffs hat down in front of her eyes and walking off.

      "Hey…..” he said softly. “Ellie, wait up!" Rick called after her causing her to draw to a stop before lazily turning so that she came face to face with him as he finally caught up with her. She threw him a look as to say 'Soooooooo?' "Look, Ellie-" Rick started off.

     "Electra." Rick swallowed before he spoke again. "Look, Electra, we're going to Kings County to get guns." he reminded her but she hadn't forgotten. The look as if to say 'Soooooooo?' returned. "This is not the time to get emotional, alright, hmm?"

      "I can handle it, Rick." Electra assured him with a stone cold expression. "My old house has guns and ammo hidden in the basement, courtesy of my old man." she informed him. "After the...incident.....Shane put one easily accessible in every room." she continued. "They still gotta be there somewhere."

      "Alright." Rick nodded, placing his hands on his hips as he looked off to the left hand side of her face. "I know the address, I know my way around." he stated before looking to Electra who inhaled deeply. "I can go get them." he offered casually.

     "No.”

     "No?"

     "No." Electra clarified with a shake of her head. "No one is going inside my- inside the Wa- inside Sha-" She stammered, not bringing herself to finish the sentences. "No one's going in that house besides me." she said stubbornly. "I came here to visit that damn house, I intend to do just that, okay?"

     Rick looked at her slowly and nodded.

     "Okay."

     Electra held his dead on gaze for a few moments before nodding and gradually turning. She sprinted up the stairs of Cell Block C to pass Beth on her way who simply smiled at her sweetly before carrying on her way. At the top of the stairs she was met by Daryl.

     "Hey."

     "Hey, yourself." Electra grinned at him, not bothering to take the next step up to level herself with Daryl, settling for the second to last step. "I'm going on the run with Rick, Carl and Michonne." she informed him, tying her hair up in a high ponytail.

     "Alright." Daryl nodded pointedly before she shrugged off his angel wing vest and pushing it into her face. "Take this." he told her causing her to take it from his hands and throw him a questioning look. "It's cold out." he stated in his form of explanation.

     "Umm...." Electra gave him the third degree before shrugging the vest on over her black t-shirt. "Thanks." she nodded at him whilst fishing her ponytail out from underneath the vest before setting it down. "And I'll see you later." she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.