Day 323: Eleven

Day 323: Eleven

[ Electra Walsh | Third Person | Past ]

     Electra didn’t have a watch on but she assumed it was around one o’clock in the morning and she had assumed right. She adjusted the covers over her body as she attempted to shield herself from both the chilling air and the coldness of the concrete floor she was laying on. 

     Currently, her gaze was fixated on Daryl as he lay on the mattress of the lower bunk in the cell. He was still wearing his angel winged jacket and his clothes that were bloodied with what Electra did not doubt was Merle’s blood. The only words he had said to her since the clearing was “Leave me alone, Electra.”

     And so there she was, sprawled across the concrete floor watching him as he either slept or was laying with his eyes closed. Given the fact that it was pitch black, watched wasn’t the word that Electra would used. She could hear him breathing but she hoped he could not hear her breathing.

     “Mismatch?” Daryl called out quietly as if her were calling out to someone who was only a few centimetres away from him, which she was but Daryl didn’t know that. Electra kept quiet. “I know your there.” He told her, still not facing her but in that light- who knew?

     Electra sighed. 

     “Just get in the bed, Mismatch.”

     Sheepishly and slowly, Electra sat up and blew her hair out of her face. She gathered the covers from where she had been laying before carefully sitting down on the lower bunk. Cautiously, she gently lay down on the bunk- abandoning her makeshift pillow. 

     “You’re cold.”

     “Yeah?”

     “Yeah.” 

     Silence.

     “Why are you here?”

     She could feel his warmth though their arms barely traced each other’s underneath the thin, cotton covers that covered the two fully clothed adults. Electra didn’t know what to do, she hadn’t dealt with Daryl when she was emotional but she didn’t want to just abandon him

     Electra looked at the place where she assumed his face was going to be, she was correct- she could feel his breath fanning out of the side of his mouth and hitting her forehead. She reached out for him and placed her hand over the top of his.

     “I didn’t want you to feel that you were alone.”

     She felt his strong fingers interlace with hers gently.

     “Scale of one to ten?”

     “Three….you?”

     “It doesn’t matter.” Electra insisted, squeezing his hand tightly. “We’re just concentrating on you right now, okay?” she told him. “I meant it Daryl, I’ll do whatever it takes to make it all feel better…I will….anything…..just say the word.” She told him.