B1CH18 - The Waterbending Master

Shinju aimed the apple on the desk and shot the arrow. It got home and the apple was split into two parts. She put her bow down and sat down on the floor, heaving a sigh "This is boring."

"Do something fun, then." Zuko said. He was lying on his bed.

"Fine then." Shinju said as she did a headstand.

Zuko heaved a sigh "You're a weird person, did you know that?"

Shinju nodded "Yeah."

"By the way, I've never seen you meditating."

"I don't meditate. I think it's boring." Shinju said "I calm myself by sleeping. Or doing this."

"You really are a weird person." Zuko said as she sat normally on the floor. Then, Iroh entered the room.

"For the last time, I'm not playing the tsungi horn!" Zuko snapped.

"No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem." Iroh said as Zhao and Taichi entered. Zuko and Shinju jumped to their feet.

"I'm taking your crew." Zhao said.

Zuko was shocked, so was Shinju "WHAT?!" they yelled at the same time.

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole." Zhao said. Shinju clenched her fist.

Zuko turned to Iroh "Uncle, is that true?" he asked.

"I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone... Even the cook." Iroh said.

"Sorry, you won't be there to watch me capture the Avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again."

"Zhao, what kind of jerk you are?" Shinju said.

"Oh, I've totally forgot you." Zhao said with an annoying grin on his face "The Banished Prince with the Deported Girl. A great couple of losers."

"I would watch my steps if I were you," she said, her voice as cold as her eyes "You know what I'm capable of, or have you forgot the things your finest assassin did?"

"Oh, I remember them very well. How I caught the little traitor..."

Shinju clenched her teeth "You didn't caught me! If I was treated fairly, I would have kicked your ass we both know that!" she said as she took out the dagger from its scabbard which hung from her pants "Everyone knows how strong the Shadow Ghost is. I've duelled with Azula and I was beating her till your little soldiers came and made me outnumbered. But now, there is no Azula to save your ass. I can sneak in your ship and in your room without making anyone notice. I have done that before, too many times."

"I am a General, I have armies under my command!" Zhao yelled.

Shinju didn't give a hoot "The men I've killed had armies under their control, too, Zhao." she said as she showed him the dagger in a treating way. And she shot an angry glance to Taichi.

"I thought that you'd want to know that you're an enemy of the Fire Nation since your attack to Admiral Taichi." Zhao said.

Shinju laughed "He is an admiral? The Fire Lord doesn't know his business." she said as she got out of the room. Then, Zhao noticed the pair of swords on the wall. His face filled with anger as he recognized the blades. He took one off the wall.

Zuko's eyes were wide and his mouth was open, clearly recognizing the danger he is in. Zhao began practicing with the sword he has removed from the wall "I didn't know you were skilled with broadswords, Prince Zuko." Zhao said.