B2CH8 - The Chase

She left the place immediately, she didn't feel guilty and that scared her to death.

Because she has just killed a man.

A general of the Earth Kingdom.

He was a husband, maybe, or a father.

But she didn't care, she was loyal to her nation, no matter what. She had to do what her admiral said. She was an assassin, after all. The best assassin the Fire Nation had.

She got out of the general's tent but was seen by an Earth Kingdom soldier. He shot her a gigantic rock but he didn't know her curse. She smirked as she kicked the rock, making it fall to pieces. His eyes widened, he didn't expect a Fire Nation assassin to be an earthbender.

Taking his confusion as an advantage, she ran towards him, her katana still in her hands, and cut his head off. Without wasting anymore time, she disappeared inside the shadows and got out of the camp side. It was dead of night so no one was around.

It was dawn when she turned back to the nation. Zhao was waiting for her inside the gates. She bowed down, her long, brown hair touching the ground "Mission succeed, Admiral Zhao." she said. She knew Zhao was grinning.

"Congratulations, Lady Shinju." Zhao said, his voice pleased "Or the Shadow Ghost, I must say?"

She couldn't help herself but smirk. She was the Shadow Ghost now, a thirteen-year-old girl who was an assassin. The best assassin of the Fire Nation.

***

She shivered as she remembered that day. The day of her first murder.

They have turned me into a machine.

An inhuman machine who has lost her humanity long ago.

I was about to find it, though. I had hope, at least. But my last hope is gone. It has gone with Zuko.

He didn't even say goodbye. But he'll have to say hello when he sees me.

Oh, he really will.

Shinju kicked the ground, a deep crack appeared. She stood on the right side of the crack and pushed her arms forward, making the ground draw apart. Now the crack was more like a cliff. She moved her foot, big piece of earth came out of the cliff. She jumped high in the air while holding the earth in the air. She somersaulted in the air as she firebended and landed on the other side of the cliff. She smirked when she looked at what she had done.

A big piece of earth was in the middle of a ring of fire which was flying above the cliff.

She held out her arms, pulled them back to herself and the cliff became a crack then disappeared as the two edges came together. She took a deep breath as she sat down. She had sweated and was quite exhausted. But she loved training anyway.

She rested her hand on her black eye-patch. It had been a very long while since she had seen her navy blue eye open. But she wouldn't open it for a while too, she'd wait until Zuko found out or she'd tell him. She chewed her lower lip. It was stressful to think about what would happen if Zuko found it out. He would probably be angry. Very, very angry. Because she had left him on the worst day of his life.

But he always forgot that he was not the only one who was hurt.

Shinju was hurt, as well. She had seen the love of her life kissing Mai. One week after their first kiss. The morning after they slept back-to-back. The morning after the night that she consoled him. She was there when he fell, when he cried, when he had a hell of a time. She was always there, not Mai. But he had choose Mai to Shinju. He had hurt her a way that no one ever could. So she had hurt him a way that no one ever could.