Chapter 8

Rose's *POV*

  "Doctor!" He was nowhere in sight and here I am surrounded by Cybermen and of course he is nowhere in sight.

  "Delete! Delete!" The Cyberman reaches out its metal arm to end it once and for all, when it starts sparking and falls to the ground.

  "Rose!" I look to see the doctor and I run and jump into his arms. "What did I tell you? Don't wander off!" I nod lightly my head still rested on his shoulder.

  He sets me down and we run hand in hand to what looks like the control room of the ship. So much for a nice day in Barcelona.

  "If I can reverse the polarity of the machinery for the beams I might be able to send out enough energy to fry the circuits of the Cybermen."

  He aims the sonic at the computer screen and it starts sparking. "Cover your eyes!"

  The ship shakes and then shuts down, all the lights went out but that means the Cybermen are down too.

  "Doctor, where's Aveala?" He sighs and rubs his face.

  "She was thrown by a Cyberman, she hit her head pretty hard. It knocked her out but I put her in a spare room and locked the door so she would be safe."

  "If I'm right it was this room." He opens the door to a 'sleeping' Aveala.

  "Hey, wake up. Come on I don't want to carry you wake up!" She slowly starts to wake up.

  "Doctor? Where am I?" He grins that stupid grin of his. "It's okay, we're on a Cybermen ship but they are all down."

  He helps her up but turns and grabs my hand as we all exit the ship. "Doctor?"

  "Yes Aveala?" She looks at him and fear is evident all over her face. "When I was 'out' I had a dream, and not a regular dream."

  "Okay? Well then what was it about?"

  "I am not Aveala, my name is Pondakwinadanjast or Pondak for short."

  "But your kind, Doctor, you would call me the Lord President back on Gallifrey."