"It's Easy to be Skinny"

Avert your eyes, I'm 'skinny'.

You're conditioned to hate me, be me, and look at me.

We need to accept all bodies. Out with the skinny! In with the curvy!

Too long have we been told that skinny is beautiful. Real women have curves! Real women have meat on their bones! Real women don't look like toothpicks!

Eat a burger, ordering a salad is shameful. Big boobs enjoy attractive bras, sexy bathing suits, affirmations that yes! We love you! We see you! Real women look like you! Real men love real women JUST LIKE YOU!

Clap for the girls who compliment each other, wear whatever they like despite their size, and are proud of their curves! But don't compliment the skinny girl for her body, she's skinny, thats promoting eating disorders. Thats promoting sexist, problematic media. Let them quietly feel the suffering we have felt for years, for being skinny must be easy.

Guys want boobs, a butt, curves and hips. Songs like 'Anaconda' and 'All About That Bass' are our anthem. We sway our hips, blow kisses and attract attract attract.

What do skinny girls have? Bony arms and legs that poke out from ill-fitting tops. Wrists people love to wrap their fingers around, squealing at the "fragile" limb. Flat bottoms, sagging boobs that still fit into training bras meant for twelve year-olds. Who do I attract?

You can wear anything you want, skinny girl, you don't get to complain. But we'll judge you if your clothes are too tight, or too short or if you wear heels. You're trying too hard, you're showing off. No one wants to look at someone who looks like a giraffe.

Bikinis are not meant for skinny girls. They don't sit right over bony shoulders, too wide over collarbones, too big in the cups. So pretty are the fabrics. So frumpy on the person. "You look like a cancer patient." She says.

I don't get the bikini. I don't fit right into any of the cute ones. Instead, i settle for an ugly, boring sport top and shorts, and cover myself with a tank top to hide the body I am now told to be ashamed of.

I long for the flowy dresses all the girls wear that swallow my frame. I'm too tall, too skinny, too everything I am now told not to be. Society once celebrated me. Now, society hates me.

I respect you, curvy girls. I love your bodies. I love that you feel empowered. I love that the media is now showcasing you, and all the wonderful, inspiring things you have to offer.

I just wish it didn't have to be at the price of my body.