New Beginning

A/N: oh my god I'm just warning you now this chapter is so cheesy.. sorry in advance ~

Dan woke up in a puddle of regret. He was still mad, yes, but he shouldn't have snapped at Phil. Especially in his own house, he was letting him stay there for God's sake.
He had quickly slipped on his jeans that he had taken off the night before and slipped out of the room. This had been the second morning in a row where Dan attempted to sneak out of Phil's house, and he was already quite tired of it.
He reached his Yeezy's before he jumped, Phil voice unexpectedly filling the room. "You aren't leaving again, are you?"
Phil appeared from out of the kitchen. His black hair was sloppily pushed back into a quiff and his glasses framed his narrow face. He had nothing but sweatpants on, and a cooking apron over his shirtless upper half.
"Dan?" Phil laughed, noticing the boy was practically drooling at him. Dan looked back at his Yeezy's, blushing immensely. His face grew hot as he stuttered, "I - I wouldn't want to be a bother."
"It actually would be quite a bother if you left, you see," Phil waved the spatula he gripped in his hand. "I made a quite a lot of food, I need someone to share it with."

Less than a minute later Dan was seated at Phil's dining room table. There was a plate staked with pancakes and a little pitcher of syrup. There was also a plate filled with bacon and hash browns.
Dan hated to take Phil's food, especially after bitching last night, but he was very hungry and Phil did make a feast.
Phil returned to the dining room with two teas, this time nothing covering his torso. His sweatpants hung low over his waist and his black boxers hugged his hip bones.
"Thanks," Dan took his tea as Phil sat down across from him. Phil began to pile his plate with food, so Dan saw it appropriate to do the same. He took smaller portions than Phil, and didn't take syrup on his pancakes.
As Dan slowly chewed his potatoes he noticed Phil looking at his plate, eyebrows furrowed. "You can have more if you'd like," he adjusted his glasses. "Please help yourself."
Dan reluctantly declined, deciding he'd have some of Chris's cereal when he got home. He hoped Pj and Chris and a good time, a better time than him and his date had.

He hoped maybe yesterday could've went differently. He had hoped this would be a fresh start. When Phil held his hand, he felt his whole world stop. When he invited him to his home, asked him for a lap dance, he never wanted the night to end like it did.
Dan knew it couldn't be helped. Phil just wasn't attracted to him. How could he be, Dan thought, a man like him? It would've been too good to be true. Phil was too good to be good for Dan, and unfortunately he was all Dan needed.

"Uh, Dan, I..." Phil started, snapping Dan out from his own thoughts. "I'm... really sorry. About last night."
"Don't worry about it," Dan swallowed a bite of pancake and flashed a smile, dimple appearing in the skin. "I should be the one apologizing. You let me stay here and you made me breakfast, that's more than I could ask for."
Phil starred at Dan from across the table. It was so them to look each other in the eyes. It was as if their eyes contained all the words left unsaid, they didn't want to be seen. The eyes told the truth before their mouths could.
"Dan, I -" Phil exhaled, putting down his fork. "I didn't mean for it to go that far. And I didn't mean to lead you on like that. I - I didn't mean for us to keep running into each other like this," Phil looked back up at Dan, blue on brown. "But, we do keep running into each other. And we will. And I don't want it to be like this."
Dan didn't fully understand. As millions of questions floated around in his head, only one came out of his mouth. "Why am I so repulsive to you?"
Dan was shocked after he blurted the question, putting his hands over his mouth. "I - I mean,"
"Dan, you're - why would you think that?" Phil asked, face colored in worry.
"You just," Dan started. You just keep taking me on and tearing me apart. You're the only person I've felt genuinely attracted to in years. You're the only guy who's genuinely touched me in years. The first time you touched me there was feeling behind it that I've never gotten from anyone else. You're a tease, and I hate it.
Of course, he couldn't say any of that.
"How do you want this to be, then?" Dan changed the subject at hand.
Phil thought how to phrase, then answered, "I want to start over with you.
"I know it's cliché, but I want to forget the kiss months ago. And I want to forget you crying in my flower shop. And me leading you on and every bad memory.
"It's a lot to ask for, I know. And I'm sorry, for all of it. I want to know you, I really do Dan, I want to know you really. Not like this."

In any other situation, Dan would be peeved. Dan would give a lecture, of how you don't get second chances and there is no starting over. What's done is done.
But this was Phil. The beautiful younger man who stumbled into his room coincidentally. The one he's been chasing for months. Dan wasn't going to let him get away.
"Alright," Dan took Phil's hand and shook it.
What a fool. Dan knew he would get played. Over and over again, no matter how many times. He didn't want to admit it, but it had to be true.
Either way, if he was played by Phil Lester, well, that would be an honor. Everything he did was bittersweet. He hated the rejection, but he'd come crawling right back after that gorgeous boy.
   Perhaps Phil wouldn't play with him if he wasn't wrapped around his finger like a yo-yo. But maybe, somewhere deep down, Dan liked being his toy.