Sally Dengerman

When the bus stopped at the corner of my school, I barely noticed. I was thinking again, but it was something I haven't thought in a really long time...God. Could it have been him who saved me from dying in my dream? Could it have been him that laid me safely on the field? Could have been him who made me sit next to Eve? Could it actually have been him who created life?

    I've never read the bible before, and my mom became Christian only about two years ago. My mother and I used to have a lot of fun. She is a single mother because my father left as soon as he found out she as pregnant. That put her through some tough times for quite a while. She used to come home drunk every weekend while my grandmother would take care of me. I didn't care though, I had fun with grandma, and mom getting drunk was good for her to get her mind off things.

     It was around when I turned 13 that she started going to church. A coworker invited her. My mother is a professor at  Standees University.  She has only a couple of friends over there but the coworker that I told you about already is really good friends.

    I grabbed my stuff and slowly walked out still thinking. I always believed that earth was made by the "Big Bang", and how we used to be apes or whatever. I mean that what Mr. Achon says all the time, and also what my mother used to say, but not anymore. She says that God created it and a whole bunch of stuff like that. I never really listen, but I might now consider the idea.

   I was walking with my eyes wide open but it was like I couldn't see anything. I was thinking about so many things, that made me visualize so many things, that blocked out everything that actually was going on in front of me.

   I slightly fell but my hands kept me off the ground. I looked around and thank... Whatever's out there that there was no one around. I was still at the back of the school. A girl was standing in front of me but I couldn't see her that well because my glasses flew off. I grabbed my glasses and she helped me up saying sorry. I looked at her and realized who it was.

    Sally Denjerman. She's Christian, well not really anymore. She used to be really nice but no one liked her. She used to always talk about God, and the bible, it was kind of annoying and she kind of went through that stage of where she wants everyone to like her, and she ended up loosing her identity. She isn't nice anymore unless no one is.m around that she can impress.
    I said it was fine, shook my thoughts out of my head, and walked to school.