The cafeteria

A few hours past, it's already 12:30, I'm at lunch sitting by myself. The tables aren't how they usually are in other schools. The tables are shaped as little squares with 4 chairs surrounding them. I didn't want lunch so I simply sat down. I watched people grabbing their trays and taking their seats. Sally passed by me and I looked to see what they were serving. It was chicken patties. Now I don't feel so guilty about not eating. I am really hungry, but there's just too much on my mind. I haven't ate real food in a while, only junk.

    I watched everyone laughing and having their conversations, I bet most of it is gossip. I then started to think about how everyone had their own story. No matter how big their smile might be, they could have something killing them inside. But it's so easy for them, they just put a smile and forget the world. I want to do that! I want to forget everything that's going on and just live life. Why is this so complicated?

    While I was in the middle of my thoughts Sally came to my table and took a seat. " I was in the same bus as you this morning but I don't think you noticed me". At first I was confused but then I caught up to what she was saying. "Oh yeah,". I told her, "sorry".

    "So you know Eve"  she asked with a smile.
    "Huh".
    "Eve, the lady you were sitting with".
     "Ohh, uh no, not really. You know her?"
     "Eh, not much. She goes to my church, but really nice".
     Just then her fake friends., who just use the poor girl, called for her. She quickly grabbed her tray and left without saying bye. It was nice to at least have a little conversation.

    If everyone is going through something, I wonder what's up with her. Maybe I'll consider talking  to her more, she'll be friends with anyone, but I'm definitely not going to her church.