•6• Warmth

It has been a week since I last saw Lucca at the beach, yet somehow even with time my mind is still of him.

Nico, Arlo, and Leo and I are now at the countryhome, we took a 4 day boat ride across the channel and it's been a nice getaway. The island landscape is a retreat to the eye of a whole new caliber. The difficult part is that it reminds me of my mother. The only real memories I have of my childhood in Italy are a few with Nico and other family, but most of our weekend countryside vacations. They are truly what made me miss Italy over the years.

Trista couldn't come with us luckily, since she is busy with her fashion internship, so we decided to go without her. Now we stand on the beach, at the edge of the property, which is now surrounded by a few other properties.

"Ok Fi, so I don't know if you know this, but after your family moved away, we felt all of our land was too big for just the one countryhome, and it costs a lot to maintain all of it and we don't come often enough, so my father hired some friends to build two more houses next to ours, and to add a guest house onto ours. And that's how I met Leo and Lucca."

"Wow that's wonderful Nico- but how did you meet them?" The idea of him growing up surrounded by all these people makes me feel a sense of regret and sorrow, missing my childhood in Italy even more.

"Leone's father bought the first one, although now it's mostly barren since they all went to Greece."

"I throw parties in it from time to time" Leo says with a smirk.

"This is true. Anyways. Luccas father, who was already a friend of Leo's father ended up buying the other one. So the 3 of us spent many summers here, along with Leo and Lucca's sisters."

"Sisters?"

"I have three, Lucca has one." Leo explains.

"Oh lovely! I'd like to meet them sometime." Some girls would be nice... Well, hopefully friendly ones who don't insult all my clothing.

"You might sooner than you think!" Leo says, suddenly running around us, his eyes widening.

We all look over confusedly and then Nico and Arlo gasp. Arlo runs over following Leo and Nico turns to me with a hand on my shoulder as the others start talking with the two girls I now see standing down the beach from us.

"Looks like Leo's sister and Lucca's are here visiting too!" We slowly walk over.

"Serafina, this is my sister Mira"

Mira is very beautiful, but doesn't resemble Leo as much as you'd think. She has green eyes and medium length dark black hair that curls in different ways, but looks very pretty, and she's wearing a light orange sundress.

"Hello Mira, nice to meet you" I say with a big smile on my face.

"Nice to meet you too!!! You are GORGEOUS by the way! Your dress is so cute!"

She's so nice!! So different from the girls I've met so far... "Thank you! It was my mothers."

"That's amazing!"

Just then the other girl chimes in.

"It is really beautiful. I'm Elizabetta, but you can call me Eliza. I'm Lucca's sister."

Elizabetta has straight, long brown hair and dark brown eyes, like Lucca's. She's extremely beautiful, and is wearing a white skirt and blue top. She's stunning, now that I think about it. Good looks must really run in their family.

"Nice to meet you as well!"

"Nico told us he had a cousin, but we never expected her to be this beautiful!" Mira says, slinging her arm around me and leading me up to the house along with the others.