History

For centuries, mankind was in the dark about many of the most daunting questions it faced. Due to a lack of technology, ingenuity, and discovery, cultures of the past were completely unable to decipher natural occurrences. Because these people were unable to investigate the real causes of such events, they began to make up their own stories. Tales of floods and storms, monsters and heroes, spirits and demons, and everything in-between were told around tribal campfires as ways to explain the earth and its behavior. Of all of these stories, none would be as glorious or significant as the origin story-- that is, the story of how the universe (particularly human beings) came into existence. Many of these ancient tribes would come to a similar conclusion; the earth, they would say, was made for them by someone else, some cosmic creator, and humans were created by the same being (or beings) to enjoy it.

These creation stories, many of them tens of thousands of years old, would become the basis for the movement that is known today as creationism, or more recently, intelligent design. Creationists say that they have a deeply held belief that someone else made themselves, the earth, and the rest of the universe with pure willpower. In short, it is a viewpoint that someone reaches by ignoring the hundreds of years worth of new information that human progress has uncovered and choosing instead to believe like the cavemen did. This sounds harmless at first, but in the last hundred years it has stopped being a forgivable idealism of blissful ignorance, and has instead become a harmful and toxic organization of fools with fingers jammed unrelentingly into their ears.