i. TRUST ME

❝ but i'm lying,
i'm so very far from fine❞

pairing! dylan/milo (mylan)
summary! dylan's got a nightmare

°°°

POV Dylan

His empty eyes looked at me, I felt like he would eat the life out of mine. I got goose bumps, all I wanted was to scream - but I couldn't. I just stood there in fear.
My brother walked with slow steps over to me. He never looked so angry. I feared, that it was because of me.

I began to shiver. Finally my foot took a step back, while my brother was still walking towards me from the other side of the room. His clothing was covered in blood. I thought he was going to kill me too, just like he killed mom.

Now's your turn, Dylan", he said with an evil smile and pointed on the knife, he held in his right hand.

„No..", I whispered with tears in my eyes. And suddenly I screamed - louder than I ever did in my whole life. Louder than the day, Dad was beating me up. Louder than the night, I had a really bad nightmare.

I thought, that this was worse than everything I ever experienced.

I opened my eyes fitfully and sat straight in my bed. Beads of sweat ran down my forehead, my whole body shivered. Just a dream, I figured, It was only a dream. That was one of the worst nightmares I ever had. It felt so real. As if Zach really wanted to kill me...

I tried to relax a bit, but then I saw someone standing in front of my window. I frightened a bit, but when I saw who was standing there, I calmed down again.

„What are you doing in my room, Milo?" I looked at him confused, as he slowly turned around. His gaze was soft.

„It was a really scary nightmare, wasn't it?" Milo made his way to my bed and was now standing in front of me. I slowly nodded. I didn't know why, but his presence was making me feel kinda...safe. He made me feel, like he would need me. I know that sounds cheesy. He was so nice to me, eventhough he's a killer.

„If you watch another home movie, the nightmares will go away", Milos voice sounded promising, but I didn't want to watch another home video of the other children. Not tonight.

I sighed tired. „No, Milo. I'm not in the mood for another movie. Please, not tonight."

Milo nodded understanding and sat down next to me. It was silent for a moment. We were just looking at eachother. I didn't know how, but Milo made me feel like I would be worth it. Not like my brother, Zach. He hated me. But Milo didn't. He was the one, who wanted to choose me from the beginning. Eventhough I wasn't happy with the idea of killing my own family.

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't notice Milos face was moving closer to mine. What does he wanted to do? Was he really about to do, what I thought? I just went along with it and closed my eyes, like Milo did.

Right after that, I felt his cold but perfectly shaped lips on mine. They were rough, but still stole my breath. I felt something I never felt before. And it was amazing. How could he make me feel this way with a single touch from his lips on mine? Was that love?

Milo broke the kiss and looked me deep in the eyes. My cheeks turned red. I avoided his gaze embarrassed. „Dylan..", Milo said and turned my face to his again. „I...Milo, well..", I tried to find the right words. I didn't know how to explain Milo, that I had more feelings for him, than I should. But, he was the one who kissed me. That means-

„I love you, Dylan. You mean so much to me. I never had a crush on someone, neither I felt what true love is, but right now I'm sure. I love you."

I didn't know what to say. He loved me. And I could tell, that he was speaking the truth. I was just so happy. But I had doubts. A ghostboy and me? Could that even work? He was a killer, after all.

His eyes didn't left mine, they waited for an anwser. I sighed.

„Can this even work? I mean, this between us?" He brought a finger to my mouth and silenced me.  „Shh, don't worry. We'll get through this. I love you so much and I'm always here for you, Dylan. Give it a try, please. You trust me, don't you?"

His eyes were hopefully and I felt so much love. I thought I would go crazy, eventhough he was a killer. I smiled lightly.

„I do, Milo. I really do."

°°°

psychovibes