viii. DON'T LEAVE

❝ your smile
m a k e s
me feel all
t i n g l y ❞

pairing! dylan/milo (mylan)
summary! milo didn't show up in dylans room since 2 weeks and dylan has
no idea why

°°°

POV Dylan

„C'mon Dylan, the sun is shining so bright. Just go out for a bit", my mom said as she washed the dishes. It was true. The day's really beautiful - no clouds, not too cold nor too hot and the sun has been shining the whole day already. But I've only been inside today. I wasn't really happy.

I didn't see Milo since 2 weeks. He was supposed to show me the movies, eventhough I wasn't a fan of it. But the ghostboy was always with me, so it was okay.

But he didn't show up since our last meeting. I couldn't stop thinking about the last thing he said to me, before he was gone.

„I'm sorry, Dylan", Milo said to me as we went back to my bedroom. I gave him a confused look. I sat down on my bed. „F-For what?" I saw sadness and an emotion, that I couldn't descripe, in Milo's eyes.

„I can't do this anymore." Milo suddenly hugged me. „What? What are you talking about?? Milo?" Before I got he awnser, he was gone.

„Dylan? Did you hear me?" My mom asked. I nodded. I got up and took on my pair of shoes. My brother Zach was at a friends place today, so I had some time alone outside.

Milo once showed me a secret place. He used to go there nearly everyday, before Bughuul chose him. It was behind the house, between bushes and trees.

I was almost there, when I heard a strange sound. Like somebody would be crying or something like that. I was curious and went to that secret place, where the sound was coming from.

When I was there, I couldn't believe my eyes: Milo sat in the grass and let out a few sobs. His body's shaking and I could tell, that he was crying. My heart beat faster.

„Milo?" I took a few steps towards, but it seems like the ghostboy didn't notice me. I stood now behind him. My hand touched his shoulder.

Milo twitched surprised and turned around. Tears were still falling from his eyes. This sight of him broke my heart. I never saw him so emotional. Well, I never knew he'd be, after all the things he did to his family.

„D-Dylan", he stood up quickly and wiped away his tears. „What are you doing here?" I looked at him caring. „My mom told me to go outside. But, why were you crying? And why did you just left? You didn't even awnsered my question. You just...left."

Milo swallowed hard. „I..I can't tell you, Dylan. I bet you'd hate. I'm sorry..if I hurt your feelings." I was getting kinda worried.

„I'll never hate you. Please just tell me what's going on", I begged. I only wanted to know why he suddenly left or why he cried. Milo got silent for a moment. Then he said:

„I love you."

I nearly choked on nothing. He...loves me? I reckoned with everything but I never thought, he fell in love with me.

„I think you're really cute, Dylan. I already felt like this since the first night we met. The other children and me were already watching you a bit before. I-I never felt like this for anyone." Milo sighed. „I thought if I tell you, you'd hate me, because you don't feel the same like me. Well...do you?"

Milo's eyes looked hopeful. I had no idea of what I should awnser. Do I love him, too? I mean, he always cared for me so much and made me feel safe. The times he held my hand, when I freaked out a little, because of the home movies, I felt something inside of me. It...was a beautiful feeling. But, was that really love?

„Listen, Milo", I started and took his hand in mine. „I like you. I like you so so much, but...I'm not sure, if this is true love. I think I-I need some time to think about this whole love thing, is that okay? But please don't leave me again, even if I have to watch these movies."

Milo looked a bit disappointed at first but then he smiled a little.

„You have all the time you'll need." Milo hugged me quickly.

„I'd wait forever for you..."

°°°

Awk-Fangirl and aaliyahh2002 are my #TeamMylanSquad 💓

psychovibes