Chapter 45 - Pride

Bam was up early the next morning. He wanted to be fully awake and alert before camp was bombarded with people and noise. He needed to be on his guard for when Myra was around.  He couldn't trust her anymore and perhaps he never did, or at least he never should have.

Bam watched from beneath the overhang of the main cabin as the crew unloaded out of the vans. Several people, some familiar, some not, got out of the three equipment trucks and hurried to ready other people and gear.

A slender figure dressed in black with a bright scarf emerged from one of the vehicles with a large backpack slung over her shoulder. Suddenly his blood froze in his veins.

October. 

He'd recognize that figure any where. The scarf around her neck was the same one that she tied around his head on Christmas morning before she'd put her mouth on him. His blood rushed in his ears.  He wasn't ready to see her yet.  He hadn't finished building a future for them yet. He hadn't rehearsed in his mind how we was going to tell her what she wanted to know. 

He hadn't decided if he was going to tell her at all.

October felt Bam's eyes on her even before she spotted him in her peripheral vision. When Myra called her about another photography contract for the show, her first thought was to turn it down.  She knew that as soon as she came face-to-face with Bam, she would want to rush back into his arms and she wasn't ready to do that yet.  Not until he started to be upfront with her about what was going on. Then, she decided that she needed to face him. If he wasn't going to fight to win her back, then she needed to be able to see him 'with perfect indifference', just as Jane Bennet had said about Mr. Bingley when she returned from London.

She held her head up with pride and willed herself not to look up at the main cabin as she readied her gear.  Myra had already talked to her about what she was supposed to be working on that morning and she was determined to take care of it in a professional manner. She was there to do a job, which she would to the best of her ability, and then return home to Calgary and forget about BamBam Brown. Her heart crushed in her chest at the very thought.