Guitar songs and self esteem

(Warning. Mild swearing)

Zoe P.o.v

After the concert, a few security guys led Natalie and me backstage so we could finish off our meeting with FOB.

'Tonight is going to be the best night of my life!

"Hey Zoe, Natalie!" Pete greeted when they met up with us.
"H-hey guys!" I stuttered, staring at Patrick. I couldn't help it.
'Shut up, Zoe! Stop making it obvious that you have a crush on him!'

*timeskip* (sorry)
"So, what's your favorite Fall Out Boy song?" Patrick asked me.
We were backstage talking to FOB. They were better than I imagined. They were super funny and just like Natalie and me, they love music, and were really easy to talk to.
"That's hard..." I started. "That's like making me choose which of you is my favorite..."
Exept it wasn't. Patrick was obviously my favorite, but I didn't want any of the other guys to feel like I didn't care about them, because I loved them to death as well, it was just my crush on Patrick was bigger than ever right now.

"I still can't believe that we're actually meeting you!" Natalie chimed in.

"Yeah," I started. "

Patrick smiled. "You guys are so sweet. I never really expected to get fans like you... I've always thought nobody liked us for our music, but tonight has changed that."

I looked at him slightly confused. "How could anyone not like your music?! Its literally the best thing I've ever heard," I blurted out. I felt my face heat up, and noticed Patrick staring at me, smiling adorably.

"You know that really means a lot, Zoe." He sighed. "You give me the confidence I never really had... I doubt it all so much, because of the constant hate we get..." Pete walked next to Patrick and gave him a small side hug. Patrick gave him a soft 'thank-you' smile.
A few minutes later, they led us to another room backstage with couches so we could sit and hang out.
After a while of talking to them, Natalie started to smirk once again at how much Patrick and I were talking. Turns out, we have a lot in common. We're both sensitive, yet honest, and he would do anything for his friends, much like me. He's also kind of shy, but still really sweet. And talented, and sooooooo cute and-
'damnit Zoe! Shut up!'
Anyway,the other members of FOB are better than I thought also. Pete may seem wild and the life of the party sometimes, but he's also caring and sincere, not to mention that he'd do pretty much anything to make his friends smile,which is the sweetest thing ever. Joe's super funny and is always there for you when you need him, and Andy's exactly what I expected: a quiet, yet really sweet guy who loves making people laugh. (And Star Wars)
We became friends the moment we started talking to them.
After an hour that consisted of laughs, music, and adorable stares (from guess who) had passed, Patrick said he had to practice for tomorrow's show because he had no other time to do it before tomorrow, so it was just us and the rest of the band. I have to admit, I was slightly disappointed when he left, but we still had 3/4 of the band left to hang out with. Thirty more minutes passed, and we were fairly close to the guys by this point. They actually felt like real best friends to me, which meant a lot. We all ended up exchanging numbers, which felt really awesome to have my idols' numbers. Just the thought made me smile.
It was getting pretty late, we noticed because we were talking so much.
"Oh, shit!" Natalie exclaimed as she checked her phone. "It's getting late, we better get going..."
I sighed as we all stood up.
"Guys, this has honestly been the best day of my life." I said, turning to the guys.
They all smiled, which felt good. We walked out of the room and Pete led us to Patrick's dressing room so we could say our goodbyes to him as well.
"That means a lot, really." He said.
Joe agreed and Andy smiled.
I grinned. It felt really good to make them happy.
After we got to Patrick's dressing room door, we hugged each member of FOB, thanked them, and told them we would text them soon.
"Bye, guys!" Pete said as they walked off and Natalie and I walked towards the dressing room door.
"Bye!" Natalie waved back.
I knocked on Patrick's dressing room door, and after hearing a "come in," opened it as Natalie walked behind me. Patrick had his guitar out, so I assumed he had just been practicing.
"Hey, its us." I said.
"Yeah," Natalie chimed. "We're about to leave, but we'll keep in touch!"
Patrick smiled.
'why is he so adorable?'
We exchanged numbers and Natalie went out the door.
"Bye Patrick!" She exclaimed.
"Bye." He replied.
I turned to Natalie.
"I'll be there in a sec." I whispered.
She smiled, winked, and nodded.
I closed the door and walked into the room, over to where Patrick was sitting.
"I really don't want to go..." I trailed off, sitting next to him.
He looked at me.
"Honestly, I wish you could stay too." He started. "I never thought I'd feel this way about fans, but I do. You guys aren't like normal fans, you give me the confidence when I need it..."
I blushed deep when he said that.
"And you don't have it...?"
"Other than when the guys get me confident before a performance, not really."
I looked down. I have read some of Patrick's Twitter and Tumblr posts about him being super sensitive.
'i hope he's ok...'
I sat next to him as he started to play a few familiar chords on the guitar as I recognized the song. He started to sing with his beautiful voice.

"My heart is like a stallion,
they love it more
when it's broken,
do you wanna feel beautiful,
do you wanna? Yeah!
I'm outside the door,
invite me in, so we can go
back and play pretend,
I'm on deck, yeah, I'm up next,
tonight I'm high
as a private jet..."

He gestured for me to join in, so I sang the next part.

"Cause I don't know
where you're going but
do you got room
for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where
I'm going but I don't think I'm
comin' home, and I've said
I'll check In tomorrow
if I don't wake up
dead, this is the road to ruin
and we're starting at the end"

Not gonna lie, the chorus did sound pretty good with both of us singing.

"Say yeah,
Let's be alone together,
We can stay young forever,
Scream it from the top of your lungs,
lungs, lungs"

We continued to sing as I stared at Patrick, who was looking down at his fingers, strumming along to the beat.

"Say yeah let's be
Alone together
We can stay young forever,
We'll stay young, young, young, young"

When the chorus was done, he smiled, which made me smile.
"You know, you really are the best singer I've ever heard." I laughed.
"Thanks," he said. "I get that a lot, even though I don't believe it, to be honest..."
"Y-you have low self-esteem, don't you?" I finally asked. I already knew the answer.
"Yeah," he sighed. "But ive been better, since Pete tries every thing he can to make me trust him that I'm talented, and when I am down he tries to get me to smile, that's how you are, you two assure me that we-that I, mean something to people."
I felt small tears forming in my eyes, because Patrick meant so much to me. I blinked them away and turned to him.
"I-i didn't realize you felt that way..." I said, noticing how hard he really had it.
"I hope you believe this when I say it," I started, staring into his memorizing eyes. "And I mean everything I'm about to say..."
I took a deep breath.

"You are the most talented person I know and it hurts me a lot that you feel this way about yourself... I know you guys get lots of hate, I hate it too, and you know what? Fuck it, because I know you're great and I want you to know that. I care about you, Patrick. And I can assure you, you guys do mean everything to some people, including me..."
After I realized what I said, I blushed and looked down.
He smiled.
"Thanks, Zoe..."
"Anytime." I said, pulling him into a tight hug. I closed my eyes, not wanting to let go. I felt safe in his arms. Most people who go to meet and greets say that he gives the best hugs...he does. There's just something about the way he pulls you to him that just gives you butterflies. He held me tight, not like in the group picture earlier, but passionately and I smiled, feeling a little flustered, but happy. I hugged him tight for what felt like forever. After I did let go and walked towards the door, I turned back and looked straight into his eyes one last time before leaving.
"You did great tonight, by the way, just like every other show. Bye, Patrick. I hope I'll get to see you again soon."
He nodded and I shut the door. My mind was still all over the place from the hug, so when Natalie came up to me, I wasn't paying much attention.
"What happened in there?" She asked smirking, as we walked from backstage, leaving the venue.
I rolled my eyes.
"N-nothing..." I stuttered, adding Patrick's contact into my phone.
"Well, you were in there a while, and I heard singing..." she smirked again.
'damnit!Whats up with her and smirking?'
"Oh, yeah, we kinda sang a short duet,
its nothing." I ignored her grin.
"'Nothing?' That's huge!" She told me. "You guys are perfect for each other!"
I turned to her.
"Shut up!" I hissed at her, looking back to see if anyone could hear. "He doesn't like me, okay? Just let it go!"
"Okay! Whatever you say!" She sang.
The entire drive home was a blur. All I could think about was Patrick. The way he smiled after the last part of 'Alone Together,' the way you could just get lost in his beautiful green eyes, and the way he passionately hugged me. But I caught him staring at me a couple of times...

'he doesn't like me...that's crazy...right?'

xxx