Just Give Me A Reason (Chapter 22)

Harry’s POV

After Niall left and Jade went upstairs everyone fell silent I wonder what happened. “Well that was weird” Leigh-Anne said and we all nodded. “I think someone should go check on them” Perrie said smirking. She then looked at me so I turned my head. “I’ll go check on Niall. See you all tonight” Liam said walking out the door.

“Harry, why don’t you go check on Jade” Perrie said with the same smirk as before. “Why don’t you go? She is YOUR best friend” I said with the same smirk. She then glared at me. “You little-“ “I’ll go, no need to make a big deal” Jesy said standing up. “No it’s fine Jes” Perrie said walking upstairs but not before glaring at me again. I just rolled my eyes at her.

“Why is everyone acting so weird today” Leigh-Anne muttered and we all laughed. “No but seriously, why the argument about checking on Jade” she asked and everyone looked at me. “I’m pretty sure Jade would rather than one of us boys” I said making up an excuse that I was actually quite proud of. “He has a point. She would just tell us she’s fine but you girls would get her to open up to you” Zayn said agreeing with me.

Perrie’s POV

I walked upstairs, while everyone else refused to check on Jade. Rude! Harry has got to ask her out already, he needs to be a man! Like my Zayn! There was a crack through the door where Jade was. I heard muffled sobs and sniffles.

"Why did I have to reject him?" she argued. "Ugh! It hurts him even more!" Jade argued with herself.

What does she mean? Who is him? Does she mean Harry? Oh my god! She was whining and crying in agony. I have to help Jade! I kicked the door wide open, seeing Jade with tissues everywhere and her eyes bloodshot red looking puffy and swollen. I just stood there, speechless.

"Hey Perrie!" she croaked.

I ran towards her and pulled her into a bear hug. "Oh my god! Baba, what happened?" I exclaimed.

"Nothing." she muttered.

"Don't say nothing to your best friend!" I snapped, "Everybody has been worried about you! Please tell me! I can help you! And I definitely WILL help you."

Jade leaned her head to my shoulder, still drenched by her very own tears.

"Fine, but please only you and the girls?" Jade pleaded as I nodded.

I gasped, but let her continue on of what she was going to say. I have to listen to her before making any assumptions.

"Well, you see, after the huge announcement I had a talk with Niall." Jade said through sniffles and tears. I listened and nodded.

"This was how it all went..." Jade explained thoroughly as I patiently and as a good friend paid all my attention to her. She was talking through tears and yelps with sniffles.

"BUT THEN, I REJECTED HIM AND NOW HE IS HEART-BROKEN! ALL BECAUSE OF ME!" she had a total meltdown right there and yelled. She tilted her head on my shoulder. Tears streaming down her face. "What should I do Perrie?" she looked into my eyes. I scratched my head thinking of a solution. “I don’t know but I will be here for you whenever you need me” I said.

Her tears were now dried up and she didn't sound like glass scratching a chalkboard. "Thank you so much!" she tackled me with a bear hug. I yelped as she pranced. "See? Pezza can fix anything!" I exclaimed as Jade laughed. Even though, I am not on team Jiall, it's better to see those two happy and cheerful than heart-broken and stabbed with pain.

Liam's POV

When I got to Niall's flat I went right upstairs to his room. When I got there
he was lying on his bed crying. His eyes and face were both red and the sight broke my heart. "Liam" he asked with a croaked voice. I then ran to him and gave him a hug making him cry even harder. "What's wrong Niall" I asked while rubbing his back trying to sooth him.

"Sh-she re-rejected me before I even as-asked her out" Niall said hiccupping a few times. Who is she? I thought about it for a moment but then I remembered that Niall had a crush on Jade. That explains why he left and she went upstairs.

"Oh Niall, I'm so sorry" I said making him cry a little harder. "She probably likes Harry instead of me. Who wouldn't though? He's good looking and charming and I'm......just Niall" he said breaking my heart. "Don't say that Niall! You are one of the sweetest, funniest, and greatest person I have ever met" I told him making him look me dead in the eye.

"Liam you know its true! Any girl would choose Harry over me no matter what" he said tearing up again. "Niall, trust me. I'm your best friend and I would never say anything if it wasn't true" I told him and he hugged me. "Thanks Li" he said squeezing me tightly.  "No problem little leprechaun.  Now go shower and get ready for our show tonight. We've got sound check in an hour and a half" I said pushing him towards his bathroom making him laugh that laugh that makes everyone smile.

Niall's POV