"Just So You Aren't Scared Anymore"

Warning: Fluffy Niam One Shot

A loud roar of thunder broke Niall from his peaceful slumber. He gripped the blankets tighter and pulled it up to his chin. It was kind of ridiculous that he was still afraid of thunderstorms but the loud noises and bright lights always caught him off guard.

"BANG!" It sounded again, lightening flooding the hotel window. Niall shook under the blankets, he turned to face Liam who laid on the opposite bed on the other side of the room. Niall shuffled under the sheets quite frequently.

He watched the older boy sleep peacefully in his bed. Niall turned around to face the window, watching the heavy raindrops pelt the glass. Seconds later another crash of lightening ripped through the sky.

Niall whimpered and threw himself under the blankets.

"Niall, mate, are you alright?" Niall heard Liam's groggy voice.

"Y-yeah I-I'm fine," Niall whispered slowly revealing his blonde hair from under the covers. He stared at Liam and Liam just shook his head. "No you're not..."

"I am ok!" Niall shouted turning away from Liam. Another loud bang roared outside and Niall gripped the blanket even tighter. He wasn't aware that Liam was watching him.

"Oh, I see." Liam said, still very sleepy, "come here." He patted the empty space beside him.

"Liam, I'm fine." Niall said. He didn't want to seem like a wimp. Niall closed his eyes again.

"Ughh," Liam sighed. Niall heard him climb out of bed. He kept his eyes shut. "Well since you won't come to me...scoot over I'm cold."

Niall didn't budge instead he just laid there with his eyes shut.

"Don't play like that, you woke me up now scoot over." Liam said as he yawned. Still Niall didn't move, Liam sighed again. He lifted up the blankets and climbed underneath, beside the younger boy.

"You're so stubborn, Niall," Liam whispered in Niall's ear. Niall giggled at the contact of Liam's lips against his ear. Liam leaned against Niall, his bare chest against Niall's back. Liam wrapped an arm over Niall's waist closing the space between the two causing them to spoon.

"Liam?" Niall asked in confusion.

"It's just so you aren't scared anymore." Liam answered.

The silence was interrupted by thunder and Niall's body tensed up. Liam hugged him tighter causing his to relax. "Shhhh, it's ok," Liam cooed against Niall's ear. He kissed the back of his neck, making Niall blush.

Liam made Niall feel safe no matter how loud the thunder was outside. They fell asleep, Niall in Liam's arms, not bothered by the thunder anymore.

Niall didn't want to leave the bed. Good thing they didn't have to be up early the next morning, they just hoped the other boys didn't barge in on them.

----------------------------------------------------

Excuse the errors if there is any. What did u think?

Follow my account on IG:

@_niamplease