15

They arrived in India by the morning.

The sun was casting it's rays, bathing the crowded houses in golden light.

People were constantly moving somewhere, whether it be on the tight roads, or in the market square. The constant hustle and bustle made it easy to blend in.

The Winter Soldier stood in an abandoned building, eyeing the square from the boarded up window.

He could see the two Hydra men that had flown in with him, that were now inching closer to a stall. Pretending to be in a discussion as they eyed their targets.

A tall white male with short blond hair, well muscled, and dressed in a brown leather jacket with jeans stood casually by the stall advertising fruit.

Sunglasses covered his eyes, making it impossible to see what he was exactly looking at across the square.

Shifting the scope over a notch, the other man by Steve came into view.

A little shorter, dark male. Dressed in casual clothes also. His arms were crossed over his chest as he talked. Similar sunglasses adjourning his face.

He once again shifted the scope back to Steve, finger hesitant to pull the trigger.

Then his radio crackled as one of the Hydra agents called in. "I've been spotted. Meet me at the square five streets down going south."

The voice faded and he withdrew the gun as he stood, a plan forming as he headed to the square.

Hopping roof to roof was easy, as everything was so tight spaced. And he was the first to arrive, planting himself on a roof overlooking the square, gun already repositioned.

The first Hydra agent came in running fast, and once he recognized that the man wasn't the one carrying a digital map back to base, he shot him in the head.

The man's head snapped backwards, a red arc splattering the pedestrians behind the man who screamed and began to run, leaving the body to topple over.

Then came the man he wanted. The other Hydra agent saw his partner and whipped out his radio to call in the back up team who waited in the outskirts of town. But one shot to the shoulder, made his arm fall uselessly to his side.

His agonized scream tore through the air as his second shot destroyed the fallen radio.

Steve and the other man came running, his friend holding his shield out, ready to fight before taking in the scene. Immediately they headed over to the injured, but alive, Hydra agent.

His own agenda completed, and praying his plan worked. He took off, on foot then on motorcycle once he reached ground level.

If things worked on his favor, the two men would find the map and find Hydra's base.

Hopefully causing a distraction so he could get Clarissa and escape.