Understanding After Pentecost

Jesus had taught his disciples in parables, uttering “things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world” (Matthew 13:35). The Truth was veiled in part by these parables because his Disciples could not yet bear the full Truth. But Jesus promised them that the holy Spirit would “teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you” (John 16:26; 16:12,13). This great enlightenment came at Pentecost.In the years following Pentecost part of the mystery became more apparent–that not only Jews, but also Gentiles would be called to be part of the Bride of Christ. The Apostle James spoke about this calling from among the Gentiles:“ 'Simeon [Peter] hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles to take out of them a people for his name [a bride]. And to this agree the words of the prophets, as it is written, 'After this [after this people from the Gentiles has been taken out] I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David [the earthly dominion], which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up'“ (Acts 15:14-16).
After the remnant was chosen from Israel, God would first select a special “people” from the Gentiles to complete his heavenly Bride–after which He would restore Israel and establish His promised Kingdom in the Earth.