The Anointing Includes Many Members

The Apostle Paul further explains the “Mystery”—that the anointed, Christ, includes many members. “Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular” (1 Corinthians 12:27).
“For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones….This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church” (Ephesians 5:30-32).Jesus has “preeminence” (Colossians 1:18). He is the Head of the Body. He is the promised “seed” which will bless all the families of the earth (Galatians 3:16). But we are included, if we come into Christ. “If ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).
Another picture of Jesus as Head of the Church is a pyramid, for it has one “chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20). Jesus is called a “living stone,” and we as “living stones” are “built up” as a “holy priesthood” under him (1 Peter 2:4-6 NAS).Our great Master-Builder uses many humbling blows and much polishing work to shape our characters to be in line with Jesus.The Mystery—that God would not only raise up a Deliverer for the world, but a Deliverer composed of many members—was hidden in types, parables and dark sayings. Even many Christians do not fully comprehend this Mystery. The purpose of our “high calling” is more than being blessed ourselves—it is to “bless all the families of the earth” as part of Abraham's Seed.
The Apostle Paul explained that Abraham was a type of Jehovah, Sarah a type of the covenant of promise and Isaac a type of Christ (head and body). Then he added: “We, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise” (Galatians 4:22-28). But only the “new creatures “—and none of the “princes of this world”—can understand this Mystery!
“But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory” (1 Corinthians 2:7,8).
Actually, it was necessary to keep the mystery hidden. Otherwise Jesus—our price for redemption—would never have been crucified. Also, the trial and suffering of Jesus' followers would not be possible if the world knew who they really were (1 John 3:1). It was a mystery to the world why Jesus let himself be killed instead of accepting kingship. It was a mystery why the Apostles and their companions left their businesses and worldly comforts to preach the Gospel. In fact, that is why all who follow the Master's footsteps are called “fools for Christ's sake” (1 Corinthians 4:10).