Chapter 13

Layla's POV:

Friday...

The past days, I have barely said a word to Ed. And for some weird reason, Ben won't talk to me. He's been completely ignoring me since he came to my house and I don't even know why. I'm starting to think Ed has something to do with it, but I'm not going to ask him. 

"Layla, are you finished packing?" Harry asks as he walks into my room. I nod without looking at him. 

I guess you can say the tension is really high in the house right now. 

"Okay, let's get going then. I'm not gonna let you miss your flight." He says. 

I nod again and take my suitcase and walk out of my room, right past him. I meet Ed in the hall, but I just ignore him and continue walking downstairs, where I'm surprised to see Jennie sitting on the couch.

"Layla!" She exclaims and runs towards me. I kneel down and she runs into my arms. "Don't leave.. I'm gonna miss you." 

"I'm gonna miss you, too, Jen. But it's for the best. Eddie and I are better off in America with our mom." I explain. 

"My mummy doesn't want me anymore.. I heard her tell daddy." She says. 

"What?" I ask. 

"Mummy and daddy broke up, I think. Daddy says I'm gonna live with him forever now." She says and half-smiles. 

"Really?" I say and she nods. 

That means we did it. Our plan worked. Harry and Maya broke up and he has custody of Jennie. Too bad I don't want him to be my father anymore. 

"Jennie, say bye-bye to your siblings. Uncle Niall is coming to babysit while I drive Layla and Eddie to the airport." Harry says as he and Ed comes downstairs. 

"But I don't want them to go, daddy!" Jennie shouts and clings herself around my neck. 

"It's for the best, Jennie." Harry says. 

Jennie looks sad as she holds around me tighter. 

"Now say bye-bye, we really need to leave." 

"Bye-bye, Layla. Bye-bye, Eddie." Layla says and hugs me, then she hugs Ed. 

When Niall arrives, Ed, Harry, and I head out to the car. I sit in the back while Ed sits in the front with Harry. During the whole car ride, I stare out the window while the music from my earphones are almost on max volume. 

Eventually we arrive at the airport and I immediately get out of the car. Ed and I get our suitcases out of the trunk and Harry leads us inside. He helps us check in and then walks us to the security. 

"I guess this is where I have to leave you." He says and puts his hands in his pockets. "I'm really sorry it had to be like this.. I wish I would have been a better dad and I'm sorry. I hope that someday you'll forgive me. But mostly, I want you two to forgive each other. I can tell that you two are mad at each other for reasons I'm not too sure about, but just work it out, okay?" 

Ed and I look at each other and just nod. 

"I'm gonna miss you two so, so much." Harry says and I spot a tear rolling down his cheek. "I'm just gonna let you leave before I begin crying like a baby.. Be nice to your mother, okay?" He says and we nod again. "Goodbye." 

"Bye, dad." Ed and I both say. 

Harry turns around and starts walking towards the exit while Ed and I go to the security line. 

But as we're waiting I get a terrible feeling. I turn around looking for Harry and I can see him near the entrance. 

"Hold on, Ed." I say and get out of the line. I run towards Harry and shout, "Dad, wait!"