EPILOGUE

Harry's point of view

a few years later...

"Layla, I need your help." I said, walking into her room. 

"What's up?" She asked and closed her laptop. 

"Don't tell your mother or any of your siblings, but I'm going to propose to your mother tonight. The only problem is that I have literally no idea what I'm going to wear." I explained. 

"Dress formal, but not too formal. If you dress too formal, she might suspect something. Just act like it's a normal date." She said. 

"And what's formal, yet not too formal?" I asked. 

"Maybe some jeans, a white shirt and a tie. And don't forget your signature brown boots." She said. 

"How do you know about the boots? You were pretty young when I stopped wearing them." I said. 

"I googled you. I love those gold boots." She said. 

"Oh my god... I don't even know what I was thinking back then." I said and chuckled. She laughed as well. 

"Now go and get ready for your date, dad. You don't wanna leave mom waiting, do you?" She said. 

"No, of course not." I replied. "I'll see you later. But while we're out, there are three simple rules. Ben can't come over, you and Ed are in charge of Jennie and Christopher, and you are not allowed to google me. Got it?" 

"Yes, dad, I got it." She replied. 

"Good girl." I said and kissed the top of her head before leaving. I headed into mine and Layla's room and went through my closet. Selena was currently taking a shower, which meant I had about half an hour to find something before she takes over the room.

I found everything that Layla told me to wear and changed into it. I also decided to wear the brown boots, just for old times sake. I remembered wearing those when I proposed to Selena the first time. 

After I had changed, I headed downstairs to wait for Selena. I knew it could take it while, though. She takes forever to get ready sometimes. 

"Daddy, look what I drew!" Our youngest son Christopher Sean said when he saw me come downstairs. He held up the drawing he had made for me to see. It was a drawing of our family. 

"It's great, Christopher." I said and smiled at him. 

Ever since Christopher was born 3 years ago, everything in our family has been great. Jennie has even started calling Selena mum. 

We moved to London when Selena got pregnant again, where Layla reconnected with Ben and they've been going strong since then. 

"Where's mummy? I want her to see too." Christopher said. 

"She's upstairs getting ready. She'll be here soon." I replied. 

It didn't take long until Selena was ready actually. When she walked down the stairs to the first floor, my mouth dropped. She looked so stunning in her dress.

"You look beautiful, baby." I said and gave her a sweet kiss. She blushed and said thank you. 

"Mummy, look!" Christopher said and showed her his drawing. 

"That's amazing, Chris!" She said and kissed his little chubby cheeks. 

"So, should we get going?" I asked Selena and she nodded. 

We said bye to the kids and then headed outside to the car. We hopped into it and I began driving towards our destination. 

"Where are we going?" Selena asked. 

"That's a surprise still." I replied and smirked. 

We arrived at the destination not long after. We were currently outside a forest, so Selena couldn't see the final destination yet. 

"Follow me." I said and took her hand. 

We walked hand in hand through the forest. I can't even explain the look on her face when she saw what I had done. Candles and flowers surrounding a picnic blanket.

"Harry, it's beautiful." She said. 

"I was hoping you'd like it." I said. She smiled and kissed me before we sat down on the blanket. 

"Can you believe it's been over 20 years since the first time we met?" Selena said, smiling widely at me. 

"I know, it's crazy. Our oldest babies aren't even babies anymore. They're freaking 18 years old." I said. "We've had an incredible journey together, even though we were apart for 12 years." 

"Yeah." She said back. 

We were quiet for about a minute until I decided it was time to pop the question to her. 

"Selena, I think it's the right time to ask you something." I said and got up on one knee. "We both know I messed up bad after we got married and it just went straight down the toilet. But, I want to make things better. And now that we're both a lot more older, I think it's time I built up the courage to ask you this... Selena Jade Tomlinson, will you marry me again?" I slowly pulled the ring out of my back pocket and opened it. 

"Oh my god, Harry, yes! A million times yes!" She said and jumped into my arms. I smiled and as she pulled back, I placed the ring on her finger. 

"I love you so much, Selena, you have no idea." I said and kissed her. 

"I love you too, Harry. So, so much."

-----------

that's the end guys!! But, I will write a new book! Not a sequel, but a completely new book/series. comment ideas xx

- m i a h xx