Chapter 15

Layla's point of view

"Layla, Edward, your dad just called. He's joining us for christmas this year in Donny." Mom says after everyone leaves. 

"That one's new.. I didn't think you liked dad very much." Ed says. 

"It's not that I don't like him, Edward. It's just that we've had a rough past. We haven't seen each other for years and I was just a little mad at him for barging into your lives like that.. I wanted to wait until you were older before I told you about him." Mom explains. 

"Well, at least we got to know him. I think that's better than not even knowing who our father is, mom." I say.

"Yes, I know. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he came back for you. It's just gonna take a while for me to realize that he's back in my life.. I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't prepared at all." 

*1 week before christmas* note: im gonna start writing as if the story happened in the past, if you know what i mean

"Layla, Edward, are you finished packing?" Mom shouted. 

"Almost." I shouted back and so did Ed. 

I put a few more sweaters in my bag before I headed downstairs. When Ed came downstairs as well, we headed out to the car and began driving towards the airport. 

"Who's picking us up in Donny?" I asked as we got closer to the airport.

"Your uncle Louis, I believe." Mom answered.

"When is dad coming?" Ed asked her. 

"I don't know." She replied. 

Several hours later, we landed in England. Uncle Louis picked us up at the airport and drove us to grandma's house in Donny. 

When we stepped inside, our cousins immediately ran to the door. I hugged them before hugging my aunts and my grandma. It didn't seem like dad had come yet. 

"Layla, I need to talk with you. Let's go upstairs." Ed said and dragged me upstairs into one of the guest rooms. 

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"When dad arrives, we need to get him and mom alone in a room. The hope of getting them together still hasn't faded. Dad said he still loves mom, so if we just get them to talk, mom might realize she loves him too." He said. 

"Okay, but how are we gonna do this? I doubt they'll just agree to be alone together." I said. 

"Um... What if you tell mom that I need her in my room and then you tell dad the same thing? Then, when they find out we lied, we just run and lock the door. I know grandma has a key to the door somewhere." He replied. 

"Okay, deal." I said. 

"I'll go and get the key from grandma." He said and then ran off. 

Suddenly, I heard mom shout, "Kids, your father is here!" 

I walked out of the room and headed downstairs where I saw dad, Jennie, aunt Gemma and our other grandma talking to my aunts and uncle Louis. Mom or grandma wasn't to be seen at all. I didn't see Ed either, but I knew he was busy trying to get the key. 

"Layla!" Jennie exclaimed as she saw me and hugged me. I picked her up and hugged her back. "I missed you." 

"I missed you too, Jennie." I said and smiled at her.

"Layla, I got it!" Ed suddenly yelled as he ran to me. 

"Shh, not so loud." I said. 

"Got what?" Jennie asked.

"Nothing." Ed replied. "Layla, we need to go and plan every single detail." 

"Okay." I replied. "Jennie, go to daddy." 

Jennie did like I said and ran over to dad. 

Ed and I headed up to our room and I sat down on one of the beds. 

"Where's the key?" I asked Ed. 

"Here." He said and tossed it to me. 

"So, as soon as you've got yourself out of the room, I'm gonna lock the door. That's the plan, yeah?" 

"Yep, that's right." He replied.

"Should we just start right away?" I asked. 

"Yeah, let's do it." He said.

"Okay, I'll get mom first." I said and he nodded. 

I headed downstairs and walked downstairs. 

"Where's mom?" I asked aunt Fizzy. 

"She's in the kitchen." She replied with a smile. 

"Okay, thanks." I said. 

I walked into the kitchen and saw mom talking to grandma. 

"Mom, Ed needs you upstairs. He told me to come and get you." I said to mom. 

Without saying a word, she nodded before heading upstairs. 

"What's up with her?" I asked grandma. 

"She's just a little upset about your father, that's all." She replied. 

"Oh, okay." I said. "And while we're talking about my dad, where is he?"

"Outside with Louis." She replied. 

"Thanks." 

I walked through the crowded living room and headed outside. Both dad and uncle Louis turned their heads towards the door when I walked through it. 

"Ed wants you upstairs, dad. He said it's urgent." I said. 

"Is he sick?" Dad asked. 

"I don't know. He just told me to get you." I answered. 

"Okay, I guess I'll have to check on him, then." He said. 

He kissed the top of my head before heading inside. 

Louis raised his eyebrows at me as I followed dad inside. We walked upstairs and into Ed and I's room. 

Ed instantly got up from his bed and started walking towards me. 

"Ed, something wrong?" Dad asked Ed. 

"Not really, no." Ed replied. 

Both mom and dad looked confused as we exited the room and then locked the door. 

"High five." Ed said and high fived me. 

"Layla, Edward, you better open this door right now!" Mom yelled. 

"Pretend you don't hear her and just walk away." Ed whispered. 

We walked away to the sound of my mom slamming on the door. I didn't really want to something like this to my mom, but I knew that if I wanted her and dad to stop being mad at each other, this is what I had to do. 

.........

not my best but i tried

- m i a h xx