Back In Miami Part 2

Rose was walking through the cemetery, dressed in a bright red trenchcoat and black stockings with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Rose was mentally replaying what had happened earlier over and over again in her head. She walked through the wet grass on a cloudy day in Miami. "How could she do this to me?" Rose asked herself. Rose had practically considered Rebecca to be another of her kids, It makes sense doesn't? She was there when Becky was dealing with a difficult relationship she was there when she wanted to have a baby through artificial insemination, Blanche didn't approve but Rose did. After all she helped her through she has the heart to just turn around and throw her away? Would Blanche really have wanted this. Rose geared off the path and walked down the row of tombs. The first one was "Big Mommy" Blanche's mother who was the first to go. Next, it was "Big Daddy" Blanche's father. Rose approached the third and final tombstone and it was Blanche's grave. Rose kneeled down and placed the bouquet onto the headstone. She sighed and stared into the marble engraved tombstone.

"Blanche. Rebecca is kicking me out. I don't know what to do, You wouldn't do this to me would you?" Rose asked as if she was going to get a response. She looked at her glossy reflection in the tombstone. Rose wasn't a young woman anymore, she was 83 years old she didn't have much time left ahead of her in life. She saw the old woman staring back at her, the white short wavy hair, the wrinkled snow white skin, her ruby red painted fingernails gliding across her face to wipe away a tear, it was right then and there she collapsed completely onto the ground and immediately started sobbing into her hands. She had so much life experience, she lived through the great depression. She had the perfect life in Minnesota until her husband died and her kids moved out, she really felt she had lost everything but then she decided to pick up the pieces and moved to Miami Florida.(Flashback) One day she was at the supermarket and saw an elder woman in her early 50's with sandy blonde hair, wearing beige pants a salmon colored blouse and a light grey cardigan. hanging a flyer on a bulletin board.

'Are you OK?" She asked in a southern accent. The way she asked made it looked like she genuinely cared.

"Oh, I'm fine." Rose responded while petting a cat.

"Oh, I know exactly what you're going through. I can read it in your face."

"You can?" Rose was curious as to what the woman was getting at.

"Oh, sure." The woman went on

"Your husband or your boyfriend dumped you. Oh, honey, don't let it get you down. It's just the nature of the beast. They'd do it in the mud if they had to. You just go sleep with his best friend.

That'll even up the score." She said with a smile.

"Am I on Candid Camera?" Rose asked with a hint of skepticism in her voice

" You mean, you didn't get dumped?" Blanche asked stunned by how wrong she was

"Well, actually, I did by my landlord. Rose went on filling her in "He threw me out of my apartment, but I couldn't sleep with his best friend. He's over 80 years old and thinks he's the Archduke Ferdinand." Rose said innocently

"Why did he throw you out?"

"Well, the new owners of the building don't allow cats, and I'm not about to part with Mr.

Peepers." Rose said nuzzling her face against the feline

Oh, I guess you two have been through alot together, huh?

Yes, I found him last week.

But I wouldn't feel right having a home if he didn't.

We've become very attached. Rose said kissing the cat's forehead.