Back In Miami Part 3.

Rose was sitting at the kitchen table clasping a glass of orange juice. She hadn't been able to sleep well at all the night before. It was about 5am in the morning,dawn was just around the corner. Rose was not used to being alone in the kitchen. She would come down in the middle of the night and see Blanche and Dorothy at the kitchen table. The girls would talk about their problems over a cheesecake (It always helped). The kitchen almost felt like a safe haven, a place where the girls could just be themselves and gossip. The girls would always talk about their love lives, rose's job at the counseling center, balance's mission to woo a man or dorothy's troubles dealing with her ex Stanley. The kitchen represented friendship,laughter,happiness,joy and in a way it represented sisterhood. Rose always looked forward to coming home and telling the girls about her day over a cheesecake with ice cream and sprinkles. There was quite a lot that happened at that kitchen table. Rose had a family. For the first time in her life, she was truly alone. Pretty hard to find the optimism in that. Rose never had these problems back in St Olaf. "You know I remember back in St Olaf when Mean Old Lady Hickenlooper had been born without any smiling muscles so everyone in the neighborhood would call her Mean Old Lady Hickenlooper. Apparently she legally changed her name to Mean Old Lady Hickenlooper. " Rose knew had any of the girls heard her even begin to say back in St Olaf it was a mad dash to the kitchen door. Rose laughed out loud. She laughed till she cried, then it continued. Rose picked up her glass and threw it into the sink it shattered instantly. She looked at the sink and stopped crying she went over to the sink and picked up the biggest shard of glass she could find in the messy sharp pile. She took the shard and gently dragged it across her wrist. The crystal clear jaggard shard swiped across her delicate,tender,old snow white skin blood began to run like water. Rose cried at the pain.

"Why me?" She grabbed a handful of her hair and fell to her knees. When she hit the floor the shard dropped. Rose looked up at the ceiling and screamed to the top of her lungs.

" WHY!? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?" Rose screamed shaking her fists

" I'M A GOOD PERSON WHAT DID I DO TO HURT YOU?" Rose put her hands over her eyes to shield the crying. She curled up into a ball on the kitchen floor and sobbed in pain and misery. Rose couldn't take it anymore. The crying every single day, the guilt she had, the loneliness she felt every night when she went to bed, the loneliness she felt when she woke up. The physical pain she felt with getting older. Rose just wanted to be home... Where she belonged.