Chapter one - meeting Thomas.

Gracie's POV.

The first time that I met Thomas was when I was six, a good eight years ago now. My friends, Kayden and Ella, were playing with me in the garden when he came leaping over the fence and and stopped right in front of us. My parents could tell right away that he was a werewolf straight away — they'd had some dealings with the supernatural before, and the way his eyes glazed over when he saw me, staring at him with my mouth wide open, only confirmed it.

My mother stepped forwards, offering her hand out in a show of forced politeness.
"Good afternoon, young man," she said, for it is always a good idea to be polite to wolves. "What can we do for you?"

The boy, Thomas, stood rigid, a kind of scared look in his eye. At thirteen years old he was pretty tall, with light brown hair and a thin scar running just under his grey eyes. His clothes were fairly normal, though his shoes looked like they'd taken a fair beating, and he had a strange cuff bracelet on his hand.

"My name is Thomas, from the Brenin Blaidd bloodline," he said. "I was following the scent of a rogue wolf through here. You have my apologies, though, for I didn't know there was anyone out here." He paused, as though he was still deciding what to say. "I very sorry, but you seem to understand what I am, and I have to tell you, I just found my mate."

Kayden and Ella both gave me a funny look, and I just shrugged because I didn't understand what was going on either. My parents, however, looked as though they were about to explode they were so angry.

"And what, exactly, do you mean by that?" My father was seething, his voice only a few decibels short of a shout.

"The girl over there," he said. "Is my mate."

"You little—" my Father was cut off by the hand my mother placed on his shoulder, while she glared at Thomas.
"I think we better talk about this inside," she said, her voice full of ice.

Reluctantly, they both agreed, following her inside.
                                                                               *             *             *
All that was eight years ago now and since then I had seen Thomas a lot more. At first I thought he had come to take me away but when he didn't I just tried to ignore him. It was like he was checking up on me and making sure I was alright. He never spoke or did anything, just watched me. At first he came once every couple of months but just like he said the older I got the more often he came, until he was there nearly everyday.

Because of this I kinda grew up with him, I was used to him being there all the time. So when he came for me properly I thought he was just watching like usual, until he stepped out from the shadows and tried to take my hand.

"Is it time?" I asked quietly. He just nodded and let go of my hand as I ran back into the house calling for my parents. I hugged them both harder than I thought I could and tried not to cry as much as I wanted ( though I did blub a little bit ). I took out from under my pillow the letter I had written my two best friends explaining where I was going. I had been prepared for this for nearly a year and had written goodbye to Kaydenn and Ella back when I still had the chance.

Thomas appeared in the doorway and I realised I had to go now. I walked outside with him and got into the back seat of a black Mercedes driven by a very tall man. Thomas got in next to me and tried to smile reassuringly but I didn't really want to look at him so I just stared out the window.

Because even though this was very good for my new alpha, for me it was the end of my life.